Are we being eliminated?

F

FullPartial

Reaction score
Got a batch in process for 10hr turnaround, did a 30 min crown that I marked the margin. Returned design was acceptable. Will sinter tonight and check occlusion/contacts Monday. In the right instances this seems very promising if the rubber meets the road.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Every profession/ industry has become more impersonal in some way.
Doctors no longer make house calls. Your check up is done over the phone or zoom. Who has time to see a patient.
Shopping is done online including groceries. Someone else selects your carrots and apples now.
We no longer call our friends and loved ones when a text will do. Phone calls are so intrusive.

The younger generation has become desensitized towards others. It's no wonder our craft of the past has become a commodity of the present.
We are called " the lab" instead of dental technicians. It's much easier to assign blame to an entity than a person. have a problem, find another lab.
" no news is good news" is our mantra after the case is delivered.

We can bitch and moan but it appears to be a sign of the times.
True on the younger generation becoming desensitized , and from what I can see no sense of history, everything is for the moment. Also we aren't called "the lab" we are "my lab guy", even that will go away once they can order overnight work online and never deal with us, kind of like filling up the gas tank at self serve gas station with no attendent. The good thing about that is that if they don't pay in advance then they don't get the work.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Well there goes my motivation for the Saturday workday.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Well there goes my motivation for the Saturday workday.
Go get your work done, lol, no excuses! :) I like to think I'm fairly intelligent, I'm good at seeing most of the angles of something. I didn't see the manufacturers cutting off our lab supplies before they had a good market for the digital, it would seem some see cutting us off as their pathway to forcing their new product. Yes they have a legal right, but morally it was wrong, for shame and all that...

Last edited:
bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Go get your work done, lol, no excuses! :) I like to think I'm fairly intelligent, I'm good at seeing most of the angles of something. I didn't see the manufacturers cutting off our lab supplies before they had a good market for the digital, it would seem some see cutting us off as their pathway to forcing their new product. Yes they have a legal right, but morally it was wrong, for shame and all that...
I agree....there was more going on than Covid last year.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I agree....there was more going on than Covid last year.
Yeah and where are the lab groups we support, the lab magazines etc... Last I saw they all had paid ads from guess where? In the end I don't have an argument, I bought my supplies from companies that are now turning their backs. Good for them and any tenured denture tech that freely gives them the "secrets" is with them as well, that's the money making ingredient. Without that all they have is third rate dentures to offer, even with the expensive software. If I were the manufacturers, I would have stuck with the labs, and when didgital reach the 55% point, I would have started to offer labs a big discount on digital setups and help with learning. I would have never completely cut out supplies. Now all they have is lost sales and bad word of mouth...

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Labs have always been the beta testers, we have been doing it for years and it's not like we have much of a choice. I'm not complaining but it's the reality of the business.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Yeah and where are the lab groups we support, the lab magazines etc... Last I saw they all had paid ads from guess where? In the end I don't have an argument, I bought my supplies from companies that are now turning their backs. Good for them and any tenured denture tech that freely gives them the "secrets" is with them as well, that's the money making ingredient. Without that all they have is third rate dentures to offer, even with the expensive software. If I were the manufacturers, I would have stuck with the labs, and when didgital reach the 55% point, I would have started to offer labs a big discount on digital setups and help with learning. I would have never completely cut out supplies. Now all they have is lost sales and bad word of mouth...
Right On!!

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Right On!!
Sucks to be true. Major Money can so disrupt really good principals and planning. Have witnessed 1st hand, It's just overwhelming to consider. Billionaires can and will disrupt all that we can consider and plan for. It's like a Sunami on our levels. Sorry for the blunt response but feel all should be Aware. Could take some time yet, have no idea of when unfortunately. Just be aware. Could also take a decade or more 🙂 I was also told by a trusted rep from Dentsply to not buy a mill!!! That was 9 years ago and without our mill we wouldn't even exist now. Have to recall a Nobel lecture I attended in 1998 in Montreal. They presented the "Piccalo"Scanner. They then went on to say, "If you don't join us, we will eliminate you"
This is an Absolutely true observation , my jaw dropped then my gumption Grew. Bunch of $hitheads directing my goals and inspirations , not happening, EVER!!!

Top Bottom