Are we being eliminated?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
The dentist gets sucked in by savings then realizes he has no time left to enjoy himself after doing all the lab work and ends up outsourcing again to labs whose prices went up because they needed more business to keep the lights on. Dentist sees lab bill looks at new piece of equipment, buys it realizes they have no time after work and labwork. They get an assistant to do it, and it sucks. They return to the lab whose prices have gone up to keep the lights on.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
It depends on who the assistant is. There are many component assistants out there. My main group of Drs just bought this exact system,
so time will tell what may come of it.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I've noticed more and more production is being done in office... to a lower standard, but they don't seem to care. I know a guy, who wouldn't spend a minute doing small adjustments and would nitpick on the smallest detail... nowadays happily grinds in his cerec crowns for hours, even had the gut to ask me if we're interested finishing them Stupid

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Don't get me started on this subject. I used to have a back and forth "discussion" with Texas Tom here about all the work going to China, lol, that was the least of our problems... or so it would seem... in the end stem cells will win and people will grow their own teeth back, but until then I hate to say this but maybe the "tenured" techs should "organize" (ok what does organize mean, that needs to be defined) and actually get paid for expertise the corporations cutting us out don't have. Don't be so quick to give it away, and take note of the ones who are trying to do away with us and don't buy from them.

Last edited:
Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
I've noticed more and more production is being done in office... to a lower standard, but they don't seem to care. I know a guy, who wouldn't spend a minute doing small adjustments and would nitpick on the smallest detail... nowadays happily grinds in his cerec crowns for hours, even had the gut to ask me if we're interested finishing them Stupid
You told him where he could stick them, didn't you?

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Europe is taking over, 3shape, Exocad, Cerec, etc. etc., what else left?

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
I'm curious what would be needed for finishing the crown? Just glazing or starting from the beginning? Either way I'd charge him full price for a crown.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Europe is taking over, 3shape, Exocad, Cerec, etc. etc., what else left?
All the grey matter is there... Dontknow

I'm curious what would be needed for finishing the crown? Just glazing or starting from the beginning? Either way I'd charge him full price for a crown.
For the life of me, I wouldn't touch a crown like that ever... try to compensate for a potential digital screw-up, for which I have no control over...is way beyond my scope of business, period. Might as well start to sell tacos down at my hideout... BTW, I have no idea how to run a food joint, but it would be less headache for sure Stupid

C

charles007

Reaction score
Met a very nice doctor who cuts excellent preps and impressions using IOS, also has printer and lab scanner /no porcelain oven. Sends files to xx milling lab to design/$10.00 and milled FCZ $22.00 = $32.00
Cases come back to polish zir and LD. More difficult cases sent to lab #2 to design then back to milling lab xx to mill. Practically everything is monolithic.
FCZ at $32.00 model free plus shipping and this will end up being the competition for many labs going forward. Growing fad is doctors milling inhouse using IOS or both lab scanners, milling zir with nice lab mills and using MiYO. I thought the downfall for many small labs is other labs charging $79.00 model free to design & mill off IOS files. I have no answers other than growing a larger digital lab in order to stay in business, or working in-house. Hmmmm2

Top Bottom