Aqua Presto/Compressor

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
My employee constantly blows the head of her Aqua Presto Turbine ( it runs, but stops as soon as you put the burr on the crown). I called Ney and they told me my compressor is set too high (110PSI) it needs to be set to 35 psi. He said it blows out the turbine. What I do not understand, why would that be a problem because there is a regulator on the base unit of the Aqua presto BEFORE the air goes into the turbine. Also how can you run the rest of the lab with35 psi?
Any suggestions? Howhigh is your compressor setting?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
The Presto's pressure regulator should take care of any input...our system is set to 95 Psi... Check if the return air is blocked...remove the sleeve, hold the cartridge so it stay in its socket and try it...if it goes full steam then its the return air...

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Same problem here. Their turbines don't last worth a dime. So I called NSK. The response I got was not very satisfying. Told me to set my pressure to 3.5 bars. At $200 a cartridge, I'm about ready to throw it away. Love the lab handpieces though. Someone told me that someone has a lab handpiece to FG bur converter. Anyone know where?

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
I run mine very high pressure...no issues...??
I have Four of them. We stopped using water Five years ago.

What tools are you guys using? Large diameter, or very long tools?

Crappy quality and maybe out-of-round??

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
We use water, what do you mean "out of round", small fg diamonds, 1157, etc.

Seriously, I used to have a Presto Aqua and ground zr all day, no problems. When it died after years of use and only a few cartridge changes, the Presto Aqua II has eaten cartridges art %5 of the previous use.