Any alternative to DESS-USA for parts please!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
FedEx ground is what used to be called DHL.

I had a package with a Lang duplucation kit for case that was 'out for delivery' 4 days in a row. No notes of 'nobody there' or 'unsuccesful beacuse...' just nefer got delivered.
Had to end up going to the depot all of 12 minutes away with the tracking number and they took over 45 minutes to find it in the wrong truck.

Last time I trusted FedEx ground.

doug

doug

Reaction score
You know, if I moved several million packages a day with as few as are lost, misplaced, or late by all of the package companies I'd be pretty happy. If a doc dropped your lab for a late case life would really suck for all of us. **** happens and we need to move past it.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
When I didnt get my parts, I explained to the Dr, he rescheduled the patient a couple days later, and then he delivered the case to the happy pt. that actually told the Dr to tell me 'thank you'. Thats what normal, loyal clients do. After all this was the cherry on the cake for a patient that got her jaw shattered by a 16.5 hand horse.. I try not to worry about things I cant control especially shipping.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
When I didnt get my parts, I explained to the Dr, he rescheduled the patient a couple days later, and then he delivered the case to the happy pt. that actually told the Dr to tell me 'thank you'. Thats what normal, loyal clients do. After all this was the cherry on the cake for a patient that got her jaw shattered by a 16.5 hand horse.. I try not to worry about things I cant control especially shipping.
Hoof Happens. My cousin got a perfect groin shot from one when his dad was teaching him to shoe horses. He didnt' walk right for a while.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
My experience with FedEx is that their overnight service is easily the best, but FedEx Ground is absolutely terrible.
So you could say their ground service received poor "grades" .
I'm sure once they smooth out the rough patches it will be smooth sailing.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Hoof Happens. My cousin got a perfect groin shot from one when his dad was teaching him to shoe horses. He didnt' walk right for a while.
I think that is referred to as a " leaner".

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Lately,the USPS has been more reliable for us, for shipping, than UPS and FedEx have,

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Both my FedEx and UPS drivers have said that this has been Christmas volume for them for the last 3 months. And they are not getting the seasonal help.

USPS just has less volume managment issues right now in comparison.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Both my FedEx and UPS drivers have said that this has been Christmas volume for them for the last 3 months. And they are not getting the seasonal help.
USPS just has less volume managment issues right now in comparison.
I just read an article that said USPS package volume is up 60% because of an increase in online shopping due to COVID.
How much are the other carriers up?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I just read an article that said USPS package volume is up 60% because of an increase in online shopping due to COVID.
How much are the other carriers up?
FedEx Virginia is about 2.5x normal.

UPS dude on last delivery didn't take time to talk, and he usually does, it was 'cop knock' and toss when I opened the door. He waved as he ran back to the truck. Time before that he said the drivers are trying to get helpers/runners, but mgmt won't since they don't know how long it'll stay this way.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Some days Im glad to be a lab tech...

Ive been getting packages to the home lab, and the driver stopped today to give both dogs a biscuit..

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Driver giving dogs biscuit so the next time can knock them out with sleeping medicine and he
can come in to rob you?
Just kidding.
LCM