Am i paying to much for this equipment

M

mcfly

Reaction score
IMG-20130707-WA0008.jpg IMG-20130709-WA0008.jpg IMG-20130707-WA0006.jpg IMG-20130707-WA0003.jpg IMG-20130707-WA0002.jpg IMG-20130707-WA0007.jpg

Ok thats an EP5000(2 year old) ,vita vacumat 100, wehmer vacuum mixer ,vacuum former ,sandstorm expert sandblaster, and emax and inline kit(half full) .Im buying it all for $10500
Am i paying to much ?
Thanks
IMG-20130709-WA0008.jpg IMG-20130707-WA0007.jpg IMG-20130707-WA0006.jpg IMG-20130707-WA0008.jpg IMG-20130707-WA0003.jpg IMG-20130707-WA0002.jpg

G

grabo

Reaction score
Hey Doug how much would you pay ?

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
65 tops

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
But I'm not in the market for this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jackjabbour

jackjabbour

Reaction score
i think its an ok deal......but id try to offer between 8-9 K

C

charles007

Reaction score
To much, offer $8000. and maybe buy as high as 9k
What equipment do you really need !
Are you going to open up a lab and this will be your only equipment starting out ?

To me its an ok deal like Jack said, and only if you need most of this equipment.. If you don't want or need all the equipment, anything around 8k is more practical..
The way I look at this offer , the oven is worth around $6500.- $7000. A new Zubler is roughly 2k more.. So start at 8k and what other equipment do you really need.. $2500 + - will buy a new mixer and sandblaster.. Easy to find a used xyz oven for $500.00 maybe with vaccum pump, or not, used pump around $200.
Vita oven, is vacuum pump included ? new pump cost around $600.00

Question, will Vita oven be used as a back up oven ? If this is a start up lab or not ? place no value in dollars to this old oven in the total cost of all the equipment.. New lab will need a new porcelain oven to depend on..
I sold my 4 yr old ep5000 @ 6k several months ago with low pressing hours.. I know a dln member who will gladly sell his ep5000 that is older than mine.. PM if you want a tel # on his oven !
Check out a Zubler press oven,, I think its under 8k and save hours of not having to sandblast the reaction layer compared to the ep5000, and presses faster if that matters.

M

mcfly

Reaction score
Well i am starting a lab and it is difficult to get equipment in South Africa, the ivoclar oven will be my main bake oven ( i will get good after sales service if something goes wrong with oven) and vita as back up or rather opaque and shoulder oven. (both ovens come with there vacuum pumps) I cant buy ep 5000 from your friend as i am 220v. I will get no backup from ivoclar agents here with imported oven and no zubler agent here.
The porcelain has to be worth something too doesn't it?
Thanks

jackjabbour

jackjabbour

Reaction score
yes the porcelain is worth something if your using it? But the only true valuable thing is the ep5000. like charles said you can get everything else on that list for a real cheap price from ebay. I'd pay what you think the ep5000 is worth to you then feel good about getting all the other stuff for free......thats how i think at least.

Oh and I wouldnt buy the stuff unless you absolutely needed the ep5000 for emax. if its just going to be a baking oven then dont do it.

M

martintay

Reaction score
What type of work are you planning to do ? ie do you need a good casting machine / light box for composite etc etc ! All pricey equipment. You definitely need a good reliable porc/ pressing combo. Decent artic - buy the type most Dr`s are using - ie if they send you a Denar face bow reg and want to check it on their own Denar a Girbach will be a waste of time. I know SA is a big place but do you know a tech called Steve Jennings ? He has had labs in SA and London and has now gone back to SA - he would probably give you good advice and may be able to source equipment for you !!

M

mcfly

Reaction score
Hi Martin , i plan on doing everything crown and bridge related ,E.max ,pfm,implants! I have a casting machine and all the other stuff already but need the ep 5000 for emax which is quite popular here and will be my primary baking oven too !The agent in south Africa will also not supply you emax porcelain if you dont have a locally purchased ivoclar oven with serial no(hardball) !Sorry unfortunately don't know Steve Jennings.

M

martintay

Reaction score
What ever you do - don't be tempted too buy "cheap" equipment that you cannot get spare parts for and repair , otherwise it will soon be gathering dust !! Could you import your own e-max or purchase off e-bay ? Those Ivoclar guys are a JOKE !!

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I would figure out what this would cost new. Used, no warranty, it worth 50-60% of new stuff.