After Market Abutment Solutions for Astra "Yellow"? Gold Tone/Zirconia

2thmakr

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any implant aftermarket companies that offer gold tone titanium or zirconia stock abutments for Astra's smallest diameter implant(yellow)? I have a pretty straight forward case that really doesn't need a custom abutment design. Any suggestions? Thanks!

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
Why use stock abutments? I don't recall any teeth looking round at the emergence. My straight forward cases get the nicest looking custom abutments because they are straight forward. This isn't about saving some money is it? If your clients want good looking restorations from you and I am sure that is why they use you, why not put everything in your favor to give that to them. The implant is too small for a zirconia abutment. You could get a stock abutment coated by someone that does plating/coating but that would probably cost you the same as an Atlantis gold hue abutment.

2thmakr

Reaction score
I hear what you're saying, and don't disagree for the majority of cases. For me it is about having/knowing all the options. On some cases, a stock abutment can still be the most straight forward, cost effective solution. It isn't about trying to make it work, but simplicity.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
I can knock out a custom abutment for ya.

2thmakr

Reaction score
Hey Tyler, I'll give you a call in the next day or two. I know the quality of your full contour zirconia-it rocks. This particular case is in the works but I'm interested in what you can offer.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Sounds good, the yellow Astra is a 3.0mm it's tiny so I am thinking it is a lower anterior?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I am sure Tyler will hit a home run but just so you know any Procera lab with the optical scanner can do these custom abutments in ZI or Ti. Even the old scanner may have a scan base to do a waxup design.

Good luck,

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Don't use the Astra 3.0 15 degree angulated abutment!!!!!!!!

I had 3 fracture on the same case!!!! It is .1mm thick at the transitional wall because of the screw diameter.

2thmakr

Reaction score
Thanks for the input from all of you. Looks like stock parts are limited for this particular implant. Time to get it out the door.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Thanks for the input from all of you. Looks like stock parts are limited for this particular implant. Time to get it out the door.

Don't do it!!! Send it to Atlantis where they can beef up the walls with cad.

2thmakr

Reaction score
That's what is happening. Cad saves the day...

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Send it to Atlantis? Boo!!! I wouldn't let them make an abutment for my dog!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I agree, anything I can do to keep my cash out of Dentsplys pocket.

2thmakr

Reaction score
Boy, do I agre with you on that account John and Tyler. Some extenuating circumstances due to my health the last couple weeks and a crunch on turnaround for this case. That being said, future business through Dentsply will be avoided when possible for the little it will help. Mostly a matter of principle but that still matters whether the giants step on you or not-at least TRY to run out of the way, hey? : )

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Boy, do I agre with you on that account John and Tyler. Some extenuating circumstances due to my health the last couple weeks and a crunch on turnaround for this case. That being said, future business through Dentsply will be avoided when possible for the little it will help. Mostly a matter of principle but that still matters whether the giants step on you or not-at least TRY to run out of the way, hey? : )

I posted this in another thread, I think it said, "This is my girls keeping an eye out for the dentsply rep"

http://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/attachments/f49/4199d1354328020-caution-hunting-pics-post-colorsplashfx-20121201021050.jpg

2thmakr

Reaction score
For better or worse, the battle lines as such are going to blur so much in the next few years that right now we really don't have a good idea which entities will be good partners or mortal enemies in this lab business IMHO. Quite the shake down period.Guess right and you're a genius, guess wrong and you're a chump. Do the best for your accounts and hope they aprreciate it is what I'm banking on.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
For better or worse, the battle lines as such are going to blur so much in the next few years that right now we really don't have a good idea which entities will be good partners or mortal enemies in this lab business IMHO. Quite the shake down period.Guess right and you're a genius, guess wrong and you're a chump. Do the best for your accounts and hope they aprreciate it is what I'm banking on.
I think you've made a great point. I think we owe it to the patient to do the best we can for each and every case. Obviously, this is somewhat subjective and often there may not be any clinical advantage or disadvantage to using one system over another.
Longer term, we have no idea how things will shake out. Through rapid consolidation there is no telling who will own who or partner with whom. We simply need to focus on what we are in control of, our own Buisness.