Abutments

R

Rune

Reaction score
Hi all! :)

How is the implant coupling added to the abutment designed in exocad? Is it in the cam software?
I also wonder if anyone can tell me where to buy astratech abutments fixture level in cobalt chrome?

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Fixture level in cobalt chrome? Wow bad idea mate, You should only use Titanium abutments or high noble alloy "cast 2". You don't want to start a galvanic reaction do you. Try and find the thread "Exocad stand up and share tips" then re post the first question and you should get an answer .

R

Rune

Reaction score
Thanks for the answer! :thumb::thumb:

I have asked about exocad before, and i'll try reposting all questions in the exocad users thread, and see if that helps.

I want to make custom engaging abutments for astra. I have read in this forum that some guys are milling them in cocr themselves.
I have quite a few problem cases that should have been sendt back to the surgeon for re surgery, but you know how that tune goes :)
In these cases titanium is to brittle and cast 2 to "big". I have tried atlantis zirconia, but the hex seems to have a terrible survival rate :-(
On straumann, nobel, and 3i this is no problem, but on astra tech, the bottle neck keeps providing problems for me.
85% of my cases are done in zirconia, 14% in titanium, and 1% in cast 2.

I do not want to start a huge discussion, but cobalt chrome actually gives less galvanic reaction than gold (cast to). if you look at astra tech's pages, there are measurements done with cresco, and the long time results are way better than gold, and in bridges the survival rate of the implants is even better than with titanium.
I have read several scientific publications on the subject, and i don't worry to much.

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
NP seems to be very popular in Europe now for Implants.

I think you are getting Two alloys cornfused K2. It is very much OK to use for this.

To make abutment, you need Implant module purchased, then follow the instructions found on exowiki.

Very easy. Maybe you are missing scan body library, or have a closed version of exocad??

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hey Scott,
I was looking for you in Chicago. Why the no show? I was hoping to meet you.
Maybe next year.
Hope all is well!

R

Rune

Reaction score
Thanks ***!!
I have the implant module and scan bodies, but when i look on the bottom part of the abutment, its blank, no engaging parts.
So the question is when are the coupling added? in cam, or in special software?
Really appreciate your support.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Scott,
I was looking for you in Chicago. Why the no show? I was hoping to meet you.
Maybe next year.
Hope all is well!

We have booth paid for at LMT East and West. (As with Chicago)

To tell you the truth, I have no desire to drive into a crazy, hectic city and unload a bunch of equip and people in the middle of winter for a One day show. (I don't count Fri.)

Same goes for the stupid NY show! Who the fok wants to pull into the middle of NY's insane city and try and park, and unload equip.

Why are we having Dental meetings in the most cluster-fokked citys possible?

RIGHT NEXT TO GRAND CENTRAL STATION! Why!!?? Makes me really really NOT want to go to that either.

I hate driving into NY in a car, now I have to go in a big bus? Awesome! :rolleyes: I love torture and need some more stress in my life right about now.

Bob, my Steinbichler scanner was late in the US, and my mill is still not ready to show. So, I lost interest. We are busy enough that it was not a necessary thing to do.

Last edited:
R

Rune

Reaction score
Thanks again :)

I might take you up on the teamviewer offer, but im currently in the couch at home.
I'll post an image of my abutments tomorrow...
If we could do a teamviewer on the "attachment to crown" topic some day, i would be really glad.
I have a open exo with implant and articulator module, but no bar module.
I'm going to IDS in one week, and i think i'm going to annoy the guys from exocad a little bit :-D

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Scott,
I totally understand.
I'm sure we'll run into each other at some point.
Looking forward to it.
B

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Sure.

See you in NY.

We have booth paid for at LMT East and West. (As with Chicago)

To tell you the truth, I have no desire to drive into a crazy, hectic city and unload a bunch of equip and people in the middle of winter for a One day show. (I don't count Fri.)

Same goes for the stupid NY show! Who the fok wants to pull into the middle of NY's insane city and try and park, and unload equip.

Why are we having Dental meetings in the most cluster-fokked citys possible?

RIGHT NEXT TO GRAND CENTRAL STATION! Why!!?? Makes me really really NOT want to go to that either.

I hate driving into NY in a car, now I have to go in a big bus? Awesome! :rolleyes: I love torture and need some more stress in my life right about now.

Bob, my Steinbichler scanner was late in the US, and my mill is still not ready to show. So, I lost interest. We are busy enough that it was not a necessary thing to do.

Top Bottom