About Temporary crown

P

PinAn

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I'v heard about exocad can design temporary crown , like 3 shape.
so does anyone have tried that function? and can share the experience with me?

thanks .

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Exocad has no problem with temps at all, singles, full arch or screw retained. Even implant jigs, they are all sooooooo easy.

ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_2012_08_172144071.jpg

ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_2012_08_172143581.jpg

ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_2012_08_172143071.jpg

ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_pal.jpg

ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_jig.jpg

All the best Pete
ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_2012_08_172144071.jpg ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_2012_08_172143581.jpg ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_2012_08_172143071.jpg ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_pal.jpg ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_jig.jpg

Last edited:
M

martintay

Reaction score
Nice Pete , and saves one hell of a lot of agro !

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
It's so beautiful,it's worth reposting!;)

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Awesome Pete!,

I am looking for a PMMA disk that is Radio-opaque that is rigid enough to use for verification jigs, I have made some of my own disks with scanocryl, I just do not feel the material is strong enough to not deform when screwing into place on long spans. Using machined parts for the interface defeats the cost savings goal, Is PEEK radio-opaque?

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Thanks rkm rdt, I still need to reload the last ones, for some reason photobucket moved the pics and broke the link.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Awesome Pete!,

I am looking for a PMMA disk that is Radio-opaque that is rigid enough to use for verification jigs, I have made some of my own disks with scanocryl, I just do not feel the material is strong enough to not deform when screwing into place on long spans. Using machined parts for the interface defeats the cost savings goal, Is PEEK radio-opaque?

There are a couple of guys doing it John so it is available:
Zeus - News

http://plastics.ides.com/datasheet/e129857/peek-optima-image-contrast-high-radiopacity

Last edited:
P

paulg100

Reaction score
so would that PEEK still work ok with CT?

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
so would that PEEK still work ok with CT?

Yep:

"In addition to x-ray compatibility, PEEK also has some distinct advantages over metals in CT and MRI technology. Whereas metal implants can have serious consequences with MRI, and often cause image distortion with CT imaging, PEEK is completely compatible with both imaging techniques. Extensive testing of PEEK has been performed using all of these aforementioned methods, and clear images of the implants and surrounding tissues can be obtained safely and without considerable difficulty"

PEEK usage climbs for devices

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
All good ideas someone has thought of before me :)

So thanks for the link,

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
All good ideas someone has thought of before me :)

So thanks for the link,

I know it sounds mad but I tried to explain the concept of what is now Invisalign to one of my surgeons to get her feedback on the idea. (My wife had a twisted UL2 & I wanted to straighten it with a series of clear hard stents) This was when I first opened my lab about 12 years ago, and she snubbed it off saying it would never work. Reckon I lost a few quid not running with that one. Lol

P

PinAn

Reaction score
Exocad has no problem with temps at all, singles, full arch or screw retained. Even implant jigs, they are all sooooooo easy.

thanks for your share
but i mean
this
ai.imgur.com_I2HJug7.jpg

Can i find familiar function in exocad?
ai.imgur.com_I2HJug7.jpg

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
thanks for your share
but i mean
this
ai.imgur.com_I2HJug7.jpg

Can i find familiar function in exocad?

When you say making 'temps' most people will think you mean designing regular crowns and just milling them out of temporary material. As far as I know though, Exocad doesn't have a 'digital temporary' solution like 3Shape does, which would include scanning in an unprepped model and virtually ditching it and creating the egg shell temp in the software. I've used it in 3Shape it works fairly well, easy to do.
ai.imgur.com_I2HJug7.jpg