9 Unit E-max minimal prep veneers & molars

L

labwoman

Reaction score
Here is the case that Al gave me suggestions in adding incisals thanks Al. Its a 9 unit e-max veneer case minimal prep with full contour molar and 2 molar PFM don't know why the doctor wanted a pfm. I hope to get pictures after insertion.
I hope this works this is the first time I am sending pictures.

IMG_1690.jpg

IMG_1676.jpg

IMG_1680.jpg

IMG_1679.jpg
IMG_1690.jpg IMG_1676.jpg IMG_1680.jpg IMG_1679.jpg

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
11 units total. I can tell they are thin from the 3rd pic, you can see through to the stone.
I have never made a venner for a molar but I guess with the 2nd bi missing.

I just finished a 9 unit venner case last week.

Soooooo tedious to work with little porc chips. Those kind of cases arent for everybody, you have to be very patient especially when they keep falling off the model.

It looks like you did a reallynice job.
You are much braver than me to section the model into dies.

Here is a tip for you.
When you take your pic put your model on the counter and put a ball of wax under the front of the base.
Sit in a chair and take your pic from very slightly below the case. Angling upwards a bit. That way your flash will go up through the porc from the gingival through to the incisal rather than bounce off and give a glare. That angle will give you max trans in your incisal area, and you can keep the flash glare on the lower 1/3 or no flash glare at all if you are at an low enough angle.
This way your pic will be upside down than you can flip it right side up on your computer.
And you also dont have to worry about them falling off the model.

Nice job, hopefully they will all go, I always keep my fingers crossed for large cases.

You should take more pics of your work and look at them later, I always pick up things I wish I would have changed and I remember for the next case.

Now that you look back is there anything you would change?

Al

Last edited:
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Do you have a solid model/soft tissue model picture? Is the patient a male?
When do they go in the mouth? I'd love to see what they look like in the mouth......great stuff, keep us posted.

L

labwoman

Reaction score
Yes I did have a sold model which I which I used to put the veneers so that the contacts were correct (boy what a job!!) And yes the patient is a big robust man.
I am asking the doctor to take pictures and send them to me. If he does I will post them.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
A little tip which you probably already know,

Use a spot of vaseline to tack the veneers on the dies for working on and doing the photogrphy if needed.

Burns off clean in the furnace and you wont have any more probs with veeners falling off eveywhere with these multi unit cases :)

Looks like a real nice result.

If i was being picky id say the incisal embreasures need opening up a little more, but hard to say for sure without seeing it in situ. Mabey also knock the glaze down a bit, especially on the line angles, to help break up the reflective zones.

Last edited:
Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Yes I did have a sold model which I which I used to put the veneers so that the contacts were correct (boy what a job!!) And yes the patient is a big robust man.
I am asking the doctor to take pictures and send them to me. If he does I will post them.

I do see one thing that may make it come back for an add on.

CRWNMKR

CRWNMKR

Reaction score
I would also flatten the cusps on the canines, but that's just my opinion !!!

L

labwoman

Reaction score
Well case went in yesterday. Patient and doctor loved it he says he will send me pictures. (That was the first case I did for this doctor through my own lab) and he will be sending another case only #8,9 for another patient next week.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Thats good. I was thinking they may want #12 to be brought out.

I love large cases like that if Im working with a good Dr.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
only thing is esthetics are so subjective, ask 10 people and you will probably get 10 different answers ;)

gotta love the patients who want BL1 with no translucency, there the real money makers :)

Top Bottom