3Shape stl output?

Techy

Techy

Reaction score
We currently use a r700 for otrho, and a d 640 3Shape scanner for crown and bridge design.
I am trying out some design software from DelCam, and wanted to import files from our 3shape, and am having trouble doing so.....

Could somebody hold my hand through this?

***?

anyone?

Also, anyone prefer the Delcam designer over 3shape?
I find it more tedious, and time consuming,,,then again, I have not really had the time to play around.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Techy,

STL model files can be generated after the design phase; you need to enable the visualisation output in your control panel. the trouble is, if your system is version 2.6.9.x you will have to so the scan, do a design, and after design you will have your STL models. only in older incarnations of the software will you scan directly into stl files. older as in 2.5.x.x

STL restoration files can be generated by enabling other settings in your controlpanel. without these settings EVERYTHING you do in 3shape will be .DCM proprietary 3shape files.

personally i find the 3shape system very quick and easy to make good designs, however i have 5 years and 60 000 units in the software. i find other design systems clunky and difficult only ecause i've spent so much time in 3shape.

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
how does one enable visualization in their control panel???

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Is you monitor plugged in? LOL

What software are you talking about?

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
3shape...to export stl files of scanned models

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
think we may have figured it out.

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
nope. we didn't figure it out. Can we output models files as stl's?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I can convert any scan data to stl.

please call marc or brad or scott at 804-285-0777 whenever you are ready.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
open your control panel

in the System section there are several "directory paths" set for your scanit restoration, dental designer, etc etc. scroll down to the section "orders", just ABOVE that are 3 little boxes. one says "enable visualization output for all cases" [check this box]

now set the proper path for this "visualizations" folder

save and exit.

as i said you will have to go through a scan, and a design phase in order to get any stl models, as the scanit restoration settings are a lot trickier to turn into stl files, its not as simple as clicking a few boxes in the control panel.

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
ScanIt Restoration .stl output must be enabled by 3Shape themselves on a per dongle basis. Contact the distributor that you purchased the license (dongle) from and ask them to have 3Shape enable the functionality. When (if) they accede to your request, there is a settings (or options) under the file menu in ScanIt Restoration where you can direct the application to save all files in stl, or dcm, format.

M

mrcadcam

Reaction score
ScanIt Restoration .stl output must be enabled by 3Shape themselves on a per dongle basis. Contact the distributor that you purchased the license (dongle) from and ask them to have 3Shape enable the functionality. When (if) they accede to your request, there is a settings (or options) under the file menu in ScanIt Restoration where you can direct the application to save all files in stl, or dcm, format.

This is what we are told as well. Will be in the new version as fee....yeah

S

Sherif kandil

Reaction score
R700 3Shape

I also will be getting the R700 very soon, I want to move teeth on the visual output to print it later in the new setups. The stl. output is supposed to be included, but you should ask your supplier about it. It is very important if you want to make positive prototypes i.e. printing of the models.

My question is, based upon your work flow, how much time does it take to make a scan for upper and lower arches and both together with the bite registration?
Does the scan give you a final outcome of the models?, or would you need to trim, adjust, rescan,or refine the visual model output?

Quick reply is very appreciated

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
I also will be getting the R700 very soon, I want to move teeth on the visual output to print it later in the new setups. The stl. output is supposed to be included, but you should ask your supplier about it. It is very important if you want to make positive prototypes i.e. printing of the models.

My question is, based upon your work flow, how much time does it take to make a scan for upper and lower arches and both together with the bite registration?
Does the scan give you a final outcome of the models?, or would you need to trim, adjust, rescan,or refine the visual model output?

Quick reply is very appreciated

For 3Shape Ortho it's different than dental. All ortho software comes with STL model output, no dongle updates needed. To scan in a complete upper and lower, with occlusion, it's a 7-10 minutes process, depending on a few settings. You then have the option to virtually base your models, which could add another 3 minutes, or you can exit the scan and keep the models as they are.

A

alan2423

Reaction score
Techy you contact your reseller or 3Shape for help with this they should be able to help yo udo this.. its very easy and quick to fix