3shape scanner problem.

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
My swing arm still gives errors from time to time so maybe I need to call and have it checked too. I'm very disappointed in the scanner.

L

labtek

Reaction score
My swing arm still gives errors from time to time so maybe I need to call and have it checked too. I'm very disappointed in the scanner.

D810 should have a recall. I had the same problem with mine, it was over $1000 to fix it. Of course it was just out of warranty. Im about to pay my lease off and it is about time to buy a new scanner. 3shape has its problems but I really do like their software. Has anyone out there changed to another company and liked it better than 3shape

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
D810 should have a recall. I had the same problem with mine, it was over $1000 to fix it. Of course it was just out of warranty. Im about to pay my lease off and it is about time to buy a new scanner. 3shape has its problems but I really do like their software. Has anyone out there changed to another company and liked it better than 3shape

Its odd when I hear issues with scanners, I am just lucky my 810 has ben rock solid no issues what so ever in the 4 years or so that I have had it.

As I started on 3shape going to EXO has me at a bit of a new learning curve but I feel the more I get entrenched with TRIOS going this route will be bothersome.

There are so many cool scanners out there on the market today and I am certain many are as good or better than what 3shape has to offer.

Holy

Holy

Reaction score
I had calibration and home axis lost problem. I contacted my reseller (Argen) and they had to run weird 3shape software with admin pass locked. They told me if this wont work, I had to send D810 to them to fix.

lucky enough, that software fixed both problems.

TBH, I quite disappointed in 3shape regarding software update last year and cant believe I am stuck with 2.9.9.5

L

labtek

Reaction score
I had calibration and home axis lost problem. I contacted my reseller (Argen) and they had to run weird 3shape software with admin pass locked. They told me if this wont work, I had to send D810 to them to fix.

lucky enough, that software fixed both problems.

TBH, I quite disappointed in 3shape regarding software update last year and cant believe I am stuck with 2.9.9.5

I honestly think my problem with the 810 was a software glitch or something, but because it was out of warranty they were not to helpful on the phone with troubleshooting and just required me to send my machine in to sweden. Again, i am pretty confident it was a matter of something that could have been fixed if they really wanted to satisfy a customer, and under warranty they have more incentive to fix it instead of paying the costs associated with sending the machine in. With all that said and done, the 3shape system is still my favorite system on the market currently.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Just curious if those of you who had a problem with your scanner did 3shape run a diagnostic for you or just the reseller ? Here is a diagnostic of a test run by 3shape rep prior to sending in the scanner.

Attachments

• 20160303_172933.jpg
    20160303_172933.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 42
sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Just to do a followup. I received my scanner back in less than one week. They replaced a belt and all seems to be working fine now for the last couple weeks. Runs much quieter than it did before. I was able to pick up my loaner from the re-seller ( close by) that was a big plus so it was a smooth process. But holy cow that shipping fee , just not right.

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
We've had a D810 for 4 years, we just use the D900 multi die plate with it. The swing arm was retired after a week.

Top Bottom