3shape scanner problem.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
So a week or so ago my scanner started started to squeal some. At one point the table would not return to home base. Turned it off, turned it on and calibrated and scanned a couple more cases. Well its happening again . I'm getting jagged scans and again the table is not returning to home. Anyone ever have this happen ? First tech support guy ran a few test, re-sett , etc....It scanned half a model O.K. but the problem is back. Waiting for techy guru to call back.

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
Is there any debris caught between the rotary plate and the swing arm? I know they say to never use compressed air in it, but I've used a a can of keyboard cleaner to dislodge bits of models

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
If it keeps happening after calibration and re calibration you might have a problem, I have had some issues but not like this. Which scanner is it?

All my scanner seem to of been built on a Wednesday! :cool:

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I just did a calibration again and got through one case. I just tried my second one and the same thing again . I get the error..( Home position for linear axis has been lost ) Its an 810 model. New in June 2015.. One man lab. I have maybe 700-800 scans through it.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I just did a calibration again and got through one case. I just tried my second one and the same thing again . I get the error..( Home position for linear axis has been lost ) Its an 810 model. New in June 2015.. One man lab. I have maybe 700-800 scans through it.
I think Id be getting the reseller on the phone ASAP and have them ship a loaner and get yours back to 3Shape.....unless youre comfortable taking the shell off and checking for the loose screws.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I had a similar issue with my 700 back then, the linear axis would stop at almost the same location each time and the scanner would freeze, throwing various errors. Tech support suggested to send it in after they failed to diagnose via teamviewer... It ended up being a partially ruptured ribbon cable what connects the camera modules to the main board. Parts did cost about fifty bucks from an online electronics supplier...substantially cheaper than going the other route...

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I think Id be getting the reseller on the phone ASAP and have them ship a loaner and get yours back to 3Shape.....unless youre comfortable taking the shell off and checking for the loose screws.

I had a similar issue with my 700 back then, the linear axis would stop at almost the same location each time and the scanner would freeze, throwing various errors. Tech support suggested to send it in after they failed to diagnose via teamviewer... It ended up being a partially ruptured ribbon cable what connects the camera modules to the main board. Parts did cost about fifty bucks from an online electronics supplier...substantially cheaper than going the other route...
Generally I'm all for open'em up. But with something thos expensive, I'd want top know what the warantee guarantor thought about diy first.

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
I have this issue all of the time with mine. Sometimes shutting everything down wil stop it. Frustrating. I have not called the reseller because it is out if warranty and I always get it to find home...eventually.

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
I may call my reseller. I should have when it started. Mine is a d900 by the way. Let us know if you find a solution and I will do the same.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
O.K. 3shape just called and did a scan test. It appears I have a problem with the linear axis and repair is needed. Bad part is he disabled the machine. I was getting things done but it was taking forever .So the question is ( Will the reseller drop ship me a loaner pronto ) or what ? Unit is still under warranty still. Actually you get to see the test results on your P.C.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Good thing is under warranty still...would've cost ya some serious dough for repair. Hope the shipping costs are also covered...

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
O.K. 3shape just called and did a scan test. It appears I have a problem with the linear axis and repair is needed. Bad part is he disabled the machine. I was getting things done but it was taking forever .So the question is ( Will the reseller drop ship me a loaner pronto ) or what ? Unit is still under warranty still. Actually you get to see the test results on your P.C.

I called my reseller and they suggested updating my regular design software AND scan suite software. I did it today and it fixed my issue. The software is actually very fast and has a more user friendly feel after the update.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
..your luckier than I am.. What versions did they update you to? I'm still running in 14.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm running 15.6 for the last 2 weeks.

No issues so far.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I'm running 15.6 for the last 2 weeks.

No issues so far.
Finally, 2 1/2 months into 2016 they have the bugs worked out of 2015.o_O
I don't know how you guys deal with that. My arse would be chapped.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
In this case...I would refer to your re-seller. They are there to support you as well as sell

you the equipment.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
....So I picked up my loaner scanner today. I have to say this loaner sounds better than mine ever did.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
...shipped out my scanner today....$452 for shipping and ins...... Feelin like a Greek bride.

Top Bottom