3Shape scanner isnt calibrating.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Open the scanmaster and see what its doing.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
any updates? you know we're all one big family - your rectum clenching is OUR rectum clenching

user name

user name

Reaction score
Yesterday it seemed like everything was going screwy in the lab. Nothing was going right. My head was pounding and I was growing angry for various reasons. late in the day, my daughters walked in and I instantly felt calm. I reached over and clicked calibrate one more time, and everything was fine. Is it possible that I was giving off so much negative energy that even my scanner was reacting? Probably not...but it seemed supernatural.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You were working on the Sabbath.Adore

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
yeah dude...Sabbath Sat,Holy Sunday...

user name

user name

Reaction score
A couple thoughts...I wasn't running the air conditioner yesterday, I just propped the doors open and it got up to 85 (according to the scanner). could that have caused a problem? Someone remarked at how seldom they run calibration...I spoke to Jeremy the tech guy (?) at dentsply this morning and he told me to run it every week; don't wait for the scanner to prompt you. I guess I can do that, but he said that the scanner wont even operate if left uncalibrated for an extended period. That's BS, right? I was also told that if I go a month without doing it, that a single calibration may not be enough and I should run it twice...also setting off my BS detector.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I can spend 320 seconds a day calibrating.

If you never make a decision then your possibilities are endless.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
A couple thoughts...I wasn't running the air conditioner yesterday, I just propped the doors open and it got up to 85 (according to the scanner). could that have caused a problem? Someone remarked at how seldom they run calibration...I spoke to Jeremy the tech guy (?) at dentsply this morning and he told me to run it every week; don't wait for the scanner to prompt you. I guess I can do that, but he said that the scanner wont even operate if left uncalibrated for an extended period. That's BS, right? I was also told that if I go a month without doing it, that a single calibration may not be enough and I should run it twice...also setting off my BS detector.

The rule of thumb is if you look at your scansever, and it is 5 degrees celsius different from last calibration, then you should recalibrate. Otherwise, it is not that necessary.
Other issues could be someone hand turned the cogs and unaligned it, but that wouldn't have caused your problem yesterday.

I would be more wary of loose debris and possibly a loose connection somewhere.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
The rule of thumb is if you look at your scansever, and it is 5 degrees celsius different from last calibration, then you should recalibrate. Otherwise, it is not that necessary.
Other issues could be someone hand turned the cogs and unaligned it, but that wouldn't have caused your problem yesterday.

I would be more wary of loose debris and possibly a loose connection somewhere.

if you turn the motors while the machine is on yes it can cause errors, but while it is off you can move them and when it is newly started up again it will prompt for a re-calibration but if you don't give it a new calibration it will just go to previously known motor home, essentially forcing itself into zero position and nullifying the need for calibration.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I havent calibrated my 710 since I got it 2 years ago. fits are perfect.

Scanmaster is the scanner diagnostics
scan.jpg

Last edited:
JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I havent calibrated my 710 since I got it 2 years ago. fits are perfect.

Scanmaster is the scanner diagnostics
View attachment 16269

Have you not updated the software either? Every time you download new scan suite with upgrade it makes you calibrate. ???????!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
nope, like username, im not using updates. use an old version, works for me. Had problems in the past with updates

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
talk to your reseller Deal