3shape on the way!!!!

R

Ryan Gottlieb

Reaction score
should have my new 3shape D800 any day now!!!!!
getting pretty excited!!!!!
I still don't know which implant scan kit to go with, i would love any suggestions.
Thanks,
Ryan

J

jkivimaki

Reaction score
We should be getting ours by the end of this week. I feel your excitement!! We bought the Glidewell kit because it is the same as our milling center and it seems to be the most complete.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Would love to hear the deals you guys got and who you went with.

I am looking for another unit as well.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I'm looking at Exocad and Delcam's solutions for Implamts.

I thought that the 3Shape did not export a real stl of one-piece Implants.

Maybe the reseller, or Glidewell has the other mesh to complete the bottom part?

Thus, making it a closed solution for manufacturing?

Let me know....

I need OPEN solution. Not some future promise of maybe with updates....I need it functioning at point of sale.

J

jkivimaki

Reaction score
I bought mine through CAP. We decide to go with them because it is our first jaunt into Cad and they made me feel comfortable that we could do it and the service there was GREAT! The price was just about the same as everyone else.
I cant wait to start using it!! I am curious to see how other people are using them.
1. Does anyone do impression scanning? we have the D810
2. Is it effective?
3. How much can we do with it? i.e. can I get rid of my waxers lol
4. Realistic expectations for what 3shape will do for us.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
What ever you do, don't let the sales reps play with your dongle!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
I bought mine through CAP. We decide to go with them because it is our first jaunt into Cad and they made me feel comfortable that we could do it and the service there was GREAT! The price was just about the same as everyone else.
I cant wait to start using it!! I am curious to see how other people are using them.
1. Does anyone do impression scanning? we have the D810
2. Is it effective?
3. How much can we do with it? i.e. can I get rid of my waxers lol
4. Realistic expectations for what 3shape will do for us.

1. we do SOME impression scanning. trouble is, a lot of cases just are not good to do this way; if you do it, make sure to increase the number of scan iterations to 4 or 5 (default is 3). it will take a bit longer to scan, but you'll lack less detail. this is especially important in cases with tall preps (big impression holes) or rough preps (doctors using dull burs, notches in the preps, jagged occlusals, sharp edges ....)

2. it is effective at what it was designed for - doing 1 piece post core cases.

3. depends how good you are at designing.

4. 3shape is a tool, not a technician. tools dont do anything until they are used by a qualified, knowledgeable technician. slap a minimum wage employee on your 3 shape and watch your wonderfully expensive tool be used by someone who doesnt know his distals from a hole in the ground.

CAP makes everything CADCAM related look easy; truth is they have a helluva lot of good people working there and not doing real life cases, which is a pity.

J

jkivimaki

Reaction score
thanks for the pointers!! Whats wrong with minimum wage employe? I was a minimum wage tech when I first started. lol
No, I know that. I want to have the "lesser" tech doing the scanning and maybe the glazing. Im not sure exactly how we are going to put this into production yet.

S

smile4me

Reaction score
Congrats so jealous! I wish my husband would have bought the 3 shape :eek:hwell:

robnazzal

robnazzal

Reaction score
CAP makes everything CADCAM related look easy; truth is they have a helluva lot of good people working there and not doing real life cases, which is a pity.

I agree with your answers to jkivimaki's questions, CoolHandLuke. The only thing I didn't understand was this comment above. We've done about 40,000 real life cases in our milling center exclusively using CAD/CAM.

Last edited:
S

smile4me

Reaction score
I agree with your answers to jkivimaki's questions, CoolHandLuke. The only thing I didn't understand was this comment above. We've done about 40,000 real life cases in our milling center exclusively using CAD/CAM.

just went on your site , great site! Thank you for tutorial videos you have up maybe we can send you some work!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score

well thats egg on my face. apologies, sir. i thought you werent doing cases.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Go ahead and tell them how many Doctors you guys really work for.

Last edited:
J

jkivimaki

Reaction score
well, thats the point they are a resource for us. Well, at least me who cant afford to buy a mill yet or a wax printer. They also provide support for my 3Shape.

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
I send a good deal to Rob as well. Great crew, great products. I use them for all my eMax and some wax as well.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Rob,Thanks for the invite to your party.