3Shape not saving settings

T

terry5442

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea why some of the material settings that I input into the program are saved
and others are not saved? For example, I input a specific extra spacer setting for a material and it is saved
but the same setting for a different material is always stays at the default setting even though the setting
shows that it has been changed in the control system panel.

Thanks

Terry

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea why some of the material settings that I input into the program are saved
and others are not saved? For example, I input a specific extra spacer setting for a material and it is saved
but the same setting for a different material is always stays at the default setting even though the setting
shows that it has been changed in the control system panel.

Thanks

Terry

Saving a setting in the control panel and having it come up as default are two different thing. You can have multiple cement spacer settings per material (usually show up in the drop down in the die interface step) but if you want your new setting to be default then you wan to drag it to the top of the list in the control panel and it should be the first one when designing with that material.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
There are two places in the settings you need to change it. Material Folders, and I forget wherelse, :p

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
My suggestion would be to go into the control panel and create your own materials. That's what I have done and it makes it so easy. If you create them in the control panel, then they will not change on the design module. You can change them in the design module case by case, but it will always start out how you set them up in the control panel.