3Shape Liner Space

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
I was just looking at my settings in 3Shape under Anatomy elements>Crowns and I noticed under Cement Spaces there is now a setting called "Liner Space" , which I'm not familiar with and it isn't addressed in the user manual as far as I could find nor does it show you a preview of what it does within the control panel.

Is anyone here aware of what this tool is? It sounds like an offset for the entire interior surface of a crown, but I'm not certain. I also noticed it has the same setting across every material I have

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Liner Space -
when checked, allows you to specify the amount of liner space between the anatomy and the framework bridge (see 2D cross section below).

This is only used when you are doing a press to type or restoration, zirpress press to metal etc. not used on normal restorations.

Click the help icon in the control panel upper bar left area to bring up manual and technical manual.

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
Thank you, that makes sense. Interestingly all references to this setting seem to be in regard to a design step where you define it but never to the control panel setting for it