3shape modules

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I bought my 3shape through Ivoclar. Can I buy my abutment module from Argen ? Or is this where my support commitment comes into play ?

DentalTechTips

DentalTechTips

Reaction score
Unfortunately you're stuck with getting the modules from Ivoclar. They are the holder of your license. You can always try to request an authorisation to have your entire license transferred over to Argen if that's your preference. I've always found Ivoclar's 3shape licensing fees to be a bit better than Argen's, is it better support that you're looking for?

In any case, get in touch with your rep and inquire about a transfer. All they need is an authorization and your dongle # to pass along to 3shape.

Hope this helps!

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Unfortunately you're stuck with getting the modules from Ivoclar. They are the holder of your license. You can always try to request an authorisation to have your entire license transferred over to Argen if that's your preference. I've always found Ivoclar's 3shape licensing fees to be a bit better than Argen's, is it better support that you're looking for?

In any case, get in touch with your rep and inquire about a transfer. All they need is an authorization and your dongle # to pass along to 3shape.

Hope this helps!
Yes, Thank you. No, not really better support at this time because most of my stuff is pretty basic. The kind of questions I ask can still be answered by low level tier techies. Since Ivoclar does not mill abutments I just thought to get the module from someone who does. That's about it. That being said, I did not realize that different companies charged differently for their 3shape support. I thought it was the same licensing support fee across the board.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Switch you dongle to anyone you want, support/licensing fees very WILDLY between some resellers.

I am with Argen now, was with Ivoclar

DentalTechTips

DentalTechTips

Reaction score
Switch you dongle to anyone you want, support/licensing fees very WILDLY between some resellers.

Agreed, I have 2 separate dongles: one from Argen and one from Ivoclar. In my opinion Argen seems to have better support and overall tech knowledge. Ivoclar's 3shape support has been very 'meh' - prices are better though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

G

GarryB

Reaction score

How have you found Argen John? I am thinking of switching my licence to them.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
How have you found Argen John? I am thinking of switching my licence to them.

I literally just transferred the dongle as I bought a new scanner from them.

I am a bit different I NEVER call tech support, however I have been happy with the models and metal I have been doing with them.

N

nexdent

Reaction score
What scanner did you buy @JohnWilson? Are there even differences in the module prices? I have to buy abutment designer + implant bar and bridge designer, modelbuilder STL and second seat license. I thought that the prices are made by 3Shape.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
D2000, all I can say is I shopped very hard Argen was the best price for us

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I have the luxury of receiving support from both Argen Canada and USA.
My business model benefits greatly from this arrangement.

N

nexdent

Reaction score
Thank you @JohnWilson. I wanted to buy 3Shape's D1000 but I do not know anymore because the new E3 is nice too...what do you think? Is it possible to get a discount if I buy all these modules together? What modules do you have?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I have every module, The negotiation on yearly costs was second it was not MUCH cheaper but was cheaper than what I was paying with IVO

I bought the D2000 because of the dual scan and easy ability to scan cross mounted models for the big cases. The full arch cases for the bite relation is the most problematic merging in new data to morph designs after Beta Appliance is left in the mouth.

The new scanners are really good quality but the D2000 is in another price point/performance point

N

nexdent

Reaction score
Ok thank you for the information because I always thought the license fee & module prices is everywhere exactly the same.

Hm it is a hard decision. But I do not understand why it is not possible to scan cross mounted models with the other scanners? Aren't the scanners nearly the same? I thought D2000 advantages are:
+ accuracy 5 instead of 7
+ all-in-one scanning
+ scan speed

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
at the end of the day its the same the only difference 4 versus 2 cameras ( speed and money) maybe they have better positioning but i dont think so , I would not be surprised if all were the same as the medits just software , speed and ,marketing maybe E 1 is different inside.

H

Hal2a

Reaction score
I was not happy with my 3 shape reseller due to horrible support. In the end I had to buy out my licence, which wasn't cheap. I'm now with Argen and so far so good. My D700 is sounding a little old these days, so I'm glad 3 shape has more options in their new scanners. I will no doubt be picking one up soon.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
3shape is dropping prices, second seat is now 1500 .00 from argen. First design seat is 1950.00. Other module rebel fees are purchase fees are d4opping big amounts. We just got our 3rd design seat from argen. They provide rated it so we only paid 1400 for the next 3 months the we renew everything for the next year.

2 design seats and a abutment design last year ran us near 5k. This year with the added 3rd seat and everything else we are at 5275.00.

Abutment design Is 325.00 renewal fee from argen this year. I like Jon Wilson don't really call for tech. But argen does have a great team. Been with them since we got our d2000 in may of 2015 right when they launched it. We had it up and running before cap got theirs, just goes to show argen moves fast.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thank you @JohnWilson. I wanted to buy 3Shape's D1000 but I do not know anymore because the new E3 is nice too...what do you think? Is it possible to get a discount if I buy all these modules together? What modules do you have?

Having a D1000, I can say I like the speed and accuracy, but for what you can get with a E3, I don't know if the extra cost justifies
the slight gain in speed and accuracy of the D1000.

One of the benefits of the D1000 is to be able to scan (when it can read it clearly) the dies in the model without a separate die scan.
But in my case, I hate working with the jumpy spline line, so I have it set to scan the die individually. It may be
about the same scan difference between the 2, as the scan die in arch takes a little longer, but I haven't timed it.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Having a D1000, I can say I like the speed and accuracy, but for what you can get with a E3, I don't know if the extra cost justifies
the slight gain in speed and accuracy of the D1000.

One of the benefits of the D1000 is to be able to scan (when it can read it clearly) the dies in the model without a separate die scan.
But in my case, I hate working with the jumpy spline line, so I have it set to scan the die individually. It may be
about the same scan difference between the 2, as the scan die in arch takes a little longer, but I haven't timed it.
But scanning dies in model take extra steps to section them out in design, so you actually get a better scan by scanning the dies individually.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
But scanning dies in model take extra steps to section them out in design, so you actually get a better scan by scanning the dies individually.

Thanks, Sevan. That makes me feel better, that I thought I was getting better results going about it in that way, let alone extra steps. I just felt I had better control and can get better margins scanning dies individually.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Thanks, Sevan. That makes me feel better, that I thought I was getting better results going about it in that way, let alone extra steps. I just felt I had better control and can get better margins scanning dies individually.
You will always get better margins scanning dies individually.