New CAD Education website

M

MattV (CAP)

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just wanted to let you know that I uploaded a new video to the website for Sum3D!

Engraving in Sum3D:
This video shows you how to engrave indicators on crowns and copings.

Let me know what you think!

-MattV

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Did you tell Bob this yet?

Glad to see you guys finally making good posts about sum3d. Well Done!

We need to get Luigi to reduce the amount of clicks for many things. Like moving teeth around on screen for example.

Can you guys help me to suggest this and other "requests" to improve the speed and functions of the software?

I need better file management for example. We have Copings in one area (folders) and FCZ in others.

After a successful calculation, I need files auto-moved to various places. The most recent update for this function is very limited and does us no good. Do you agree? Each "Material" or Customer needs a specific place to move file to. I need this option to keep track of hundreds of files. We have to manually move each little file, and is a total pain in the a55

Scott

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Also, I would like to have on the screen many many teeth to move around and into our "Blocks", like a game of tetris.

When we export and calculate, I would like to have any teeth that are NOT in the Block's raw-curve to remain on screen, or get passed-off to another instance of SUM3d for further grouping/nesting and calculations.

What do'ya think? Did that make sense?

Anything else you fart smellers, I mean smart fellers can come up with?

As always...Scott

Last edited:
NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just wanted to let you know that I uploaded a new video to the website for Sum3D!

Engraving in Sum3D:
This video shows you how to engrave indicators on crowns and copings.

Let me know what you think!

-MattV

Nice Matt! Thanks for all the help with Sum the past few months;) your milling strategies are doing great and the new diamond tools are performing perfectly!

Jason

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hey Scott,
You've got to change your profile picture. That's really disgusting!
You know I don't really remember bashing Sum 3D. I may have mentiontioned that the labeling feature didn't exist. Which at the time it didn't. It's a feature that we asked them for and they delivered. We are really comfortable with Luigi and his team. These guys are the best. Small company that's really interested in the end user. I always fine it interesting how some companies will listen to customers and others believe they know what's best for all of us.
Scott, I think your requests for upgrades are great suggestions. I can't see any reason why we wouldn't support getting these features added to the software.
Hope all is well,
Bob

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I know you laughed at it. LOL

What, you have never been to the Zoo and seen the Primates before?

Let's seriously help Luigi to help us!

The more people ask for changes, the better chance it will happen.

You must have not had the most current version of SUM3d when you were talking about those things?

Those functions were there all year. By now, you must realize Luigi updates software almost every day!

Last edited:
D

dentcre

Reaction score
hi , could some one explain how to connect 2 computers and monotors to a 3shape scanner ,so one person can scan and one design?
thanks

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
hi , could some one explain how to connect 2 computers and monotors to a 3shape scanner ,so one person can scan and one design?
thanks

First off you need to network the two PC's.
You install 3shape on the Scan PC as a server, this station can do it all enter cases, scan and design. Now on your second station install 3shape as a client, on this station you can enter cases at the same time the other user scans, enters or designs. But if the Server user is designing you can only enter cases, unless your dongle is paid for two design station. If the server is only scanning the client can design, but design manager can only be opened up on one PC at a time. On the client PC the icons are basically short cuts to the server, it is like a window, pretty easy. Call you distributor for help they can set you up easily. If you have 3shape insdtell already you may need to install it again or update but install it as a server, basic install on 3shape is not a server you have to tell it to become a server upon installation.

Sevan

M

MattV (CAP)

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

There is another video on CAP Academy for the Sum3D category.

This one is called: Editing the Margin Curve (click here)

This one describes how to edit the margin of crowns. Usually the margin is detected automatically and Sum3D does a great job doing so, but there are rare cases where it cannot detect the margin. This video points out the two options that are available to manually detect the margin.

I hope you guys find this one useful!

Thanks
-Matt V

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

There is another video on CAP Academy for the Sum3D category.

This one is called: Editing the Margin Curve (click here)

This one describes how to edit the margin of crowns. Usually the margin is detected automatically and Sum3D does a great job doing so, but there are rare cases where it cannot detect the margin. This video points out the two options that are available to manually detect the margin.

I hope you guys find this one useful!

Thanks
-Matt V

Thanks Matt

The new version of Sum3D now can detect the margins from 3shape using there .pts file but you have to manually generate the cam output file by highlithigng the case in 3shape dental manager then hitting F7, then Sum3D will grab the margins spot on. But still in rare cases like you mentioned you will still need to edit the margin line.

Sevan

M

MattV (CAP)

Reaction score
Thanks Matt

The new version of Sum3D now can detect the margins from 3shape using there .pts file but you have to manually generate the cam output file by highlithigng the case in 3shape dental manager then hitting F7, then Sum3D will grab the margins spot on. But still in rare cases like you mentioned you will still need to edit the margin line.

Sevan

Sevan,

Your are exactly correct. Also, Exocad has a similar feature with the "construction info" file that they output with their .stl file. The aim of this video is to help those who have come across cases where the margin is not marked automatically, as well as importing cases from other CAD systems that do not output a .pts files with the .stl, as such as DentalWings.

Thanks!

-Matt V

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Nice videos! Great pace and content. Now that she's a star does Robin arrive at CAP by limo?

M

MattV (CAP)

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just wanted to let you know that I updated a video on CAP Academy. The video was for the Collet Tightening under the Roland DWX-50 section click here.

We changed the process to include the lubrication of the collet before the actual tightening. Please let me know what you think!

-MattV

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hi,
Happy to share that the beta process for Site in a Night is now complete. Thanks so much to all of you that helped out.
I Just posted a Site in a Night intro video on CAP Academy. It explains many of the features and ease of use to set and manage a website for your lab. You can view the video here.
CAP ACADEMY

Last edited:
stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
Dear Bob!

When will you show how to "paint" FCZR on green stage/period? Regards

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Hi,
Happy to share that the beta process for Site in a Night is now complete. Thanks so much to all of you that helped out.
I Just posted a Site in a Night into video on CAP Academy. It explains many of the features and ease of use to set up a and manage a website for your lab. You can view the video here.
CAP ACADEMY

You guys hit this one out of the park!
I think it will take me a couple of nights though,lots of content . Thanks for the sample pics and Andres was very helpful.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I second this.
Hi,
This is really more complex than what you might expect. We have worked out a complete coloring protocol on CAP FZ that enables accurate multi-shading of this material. This process was achieved by trial and error and likely took us a thousand units to fully hone in on the final protocol. To make a long story short, the process does not work on any other (that we have tried and we have tried about 20 different blocks) zirconia materials. As a result, our feeling, launching a how to color CAP FZ video and you not using CAP FZ will make for a very frustrating experience. Our current stance, we do not want to have labs spending big bucks to buy a new coloring system that will not work on their selected material. As a result, adding a coloring video to CAP Academy will just confuse and frustrate people. So, we have determined not to have the video available in an open format in CAP Academy as most of the CAP Academy videos are. For labs that do embrace CAP FZ we do have a complete coloring video as well as a program on post processing CAP FZ.
If anyone would like a free CAP FZ sample I'll be happy to send you one. simply click hare and provide the info needed.
CAP Incorporated: Custom Automated Prosthetics, Dental Implant Abutments, Lava Zirconia Frameworks, Outsource Abutment

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Hi,
This is really more complex than what you might expect. We have worked out a complete coloring protocol on CAP FZ that enables accurate multi-shading of this material. This process was achieved by trial and error and likely took us a thousand units to fully hone in on the final protocol. To make a long story short, the process does not work on any other (that we have tried and we have tried about 20 different blocks) zirconia materials. As a result, our feeling, launching a how to color CAP FZ video and you not using CAP FZ will make for a very frustrating experience. Our current stance, we do not want to have labs spending big bucks to buy a new coloring system that will not work on their selected material. As a result, adding a coloring video to CAP Academy will just confuse and frustrate people. So, we have determined not to have the video available in an open format in CAP Academy as most of the CAP Academy videos are. For labs that do embrace CAP FZ we do have a complete coloring video as well as a program on post processing CAP FZ.
If anyone would like a free CAP FZ sample I'll be happy to send you one. simply click hare and provide the info needed.
CAP Incorporated: Custom Automated Prosthetics, Dental Implant Abutments, Lava Zirconia Frameworks, Outsource Abutment

Bob, do you plan on moving to the water based Zirkonzahn stains?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Top Bottom