New CAD Education website

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hi all,
We launched a new website, CAP Academy. Created to
help labs technicians learn CAD systems. It has tips and tricks,
troubleshooting as well as complete programs for scanning and design.
We will be adding a lot of additional content in the coming days and
months. Feel free to check it out at
CAP ACADEMY
Best of all it's totally free:)
Hope you enjoy it!
Bob

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Wow!
I've been waiting for something like this since I bought my 3Shape.

I just registered and already found a video on margins which helped me.

Thankyou so much Bob.
...now back to the videos...

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
When Will the dental wings part be operating? I already use you guys for much of my out source zirconia.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
We did not want to invest the energy of getting DW videos up until they release the next software upgrade. My understanding, it was due out a week or two ago.
Once we receive the update we will start producing videos.
Bob

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Thanks Bob. Looking forward to seeing them.

A

aabregini

Reaction score
Great site answered a lot of my questions to buy a 3 shape.

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
It's sooo coool!You made a very useful site!Thanks for share!

C

cap_yk

Reaction score
Hey all,

Yuri from CAP here. It's great to see all the positive feedback we're getting on the site. Glad to see that it's helped some of you out already.

We've put up a new section called "Design Tutorials". This section is geared toward designers with a good grasp of the Dental Designer application who would like to see a 'walk through' of a typical design at production speed. There are two tutorials up at the moment, "Design a simple a coping" and "Design an Upper Anterior (Full Contour)". Content is going to be continually added, so check back often!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Hey Yuri,

Thanks for keeping us updated on your site.I have enjoyed it so far and I will check out the new tutorials.

The only critique I have is with the audio aspect of the videos.Sometimes I find the narrator is a bit monotone however maybe a couple of Red Bulls could solve that:D

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Yuri,

I just viewed the anterior vid you just posted and it was excellent.I liked the commentary much better on this one.
Was that you?

I learned about the tool feature to adjust to antagonist and I will start to count my mouse clicks.

Top Notch!

Rob.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Any future exocad tutorials?

C

cap_yk

Reaction score
Yuri,

I just viewed the anterior vid you just posted and it was excellent.I liked the commentary much better on this one.
Was that you?

I learned about the tool feature to adjust to antagonist and I will start to count my mouse clicks.

Top Notch!

Rob.

Hey rob,

Thanks for the input! Much appreciated. That's actually Bob speaking in the Design Tutorials. The ones with the monotone audio were me, lol. I'll do my best to speak with more enthusiasm on the next round of videos! Can't have you guys falling asleep on me now

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Hey rob,

Thanks for the input! Much appreciated. That's actually Bob speaking in the Design Tutorials. The ones with the monotone audio were me, lol. I'll do my best to speak with more enthusiasm on the next round of videos! Can't have you guys falling asleep on me now

:eek:

Hey,I'm the opposite.I can speak with enthusiasm but never get any work done;)

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
We set up the website for the 3shape, Dental Wings and the Lava scan ST. These are all systems in our milling center that we have extensive knowledge of. The reason we have not started DW or Lava is because both systems are going to introduce major software upgrades in the near future. Once we get a handle on them we will add material for them.
As far as adding additional scanners, we would probably need the cooperation of the manufacturers. We would love to have the educational info on every lab scanner available. However, I don't see us purchasing them all.
If anyone wants to see an additional system on CAPAcademy please contact the manufacturer and let them know we are interested in working with them to add content for there system on capacademy.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Bob, let's do a "Group Buy" of ExoCad so we can get to RoCkInG on Implants!

We need to gather a group, and go get it!

Serious!

Scott

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hi Scott,
I have the 3shape implant software. Both the abutment and bar modules. I dont know what ExoCad will add. Do you know what applications ExoCad will provide that I currently do not have?
B

Last edited:
Top Bottom