Restorations Du Jour

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Holy Cow is right! Has the doctor tested this with provisionals and if so, was the patient able to close his lips? With this patient being a skeletal Class III and most likely has never had anything in front of those lower teeth, what's the long term effect of having teeth in the way going to be? I know on cases like this we have to follow the prescription but if you don't do so already, you may want to protect yourself in some way if the worst were to happen (ie communicate, document, full disclosure, warranty, etc.) These implant cases can be very very expensive failures and we're often expected to re-do them for free, "because that's the way it's always been."

Rick
Hi Rick, here is what she has been wearing.
Look at her hygiene and how irritated her tissue is from the denture. She is going to be loosing the lower anteriors.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ch1.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ch2.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ch3.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ch1.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ch2.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ch3.jpg

R

Rick Sonntag

Reaction score
Hi Rick, here is what she has been wearing.
Look at her hygiene and how irritated her tissue is from the denture. She is going to be loosing the lower anteriors.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ch1.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ch2.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ch3.jpg

Wow, tough case. Looking forward to seeing the alloy-acrobatics your going to have to do on this one.

Rick
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ch1.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ch2.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ch3.jpg

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Well here it is with the pontics tacked on.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_IMG_8184.jpg

Not happy with this side. Her lower jaw is a bit deformed on this side.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_IMG_8179.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_IMG_8193.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_IMG_8184.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_IMG_8179.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_IMG_8193.jpg

bonded

bonded

Reaction score
Very nice Al,
Always I like screw retained bridge friendly with gum and healthy.
I find denture on implant always there is some issue! not like bridges.
Its going to be nice case.

Last edited:
Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
First Impulse Opal 2 Case

So this case came up a couple of weeks ago.
The dentist called me and explained he had some veneers made last year before this patients wedding and what was delivered didnt fit, was bulky and the colour was pretty flat and opaque.
She was getting married a couple of days later so they went in anyway to the dentists regret.
I met with the patient before the prep and asked what she liked/didnt like about the last effort.
She liked the length.
She wanted whiter than white so i thought ok maybe we can reduce the bulk with press and stain using O2

Here are the original veneers.

preop.jpg
preop2.jpg
DSC_0197.jpg

So i waxed to the same length and made them minimum thickness.
Comparing to the original veneers.

DSC_0229.jpg

Pressed Veneers after contouring and surface texture.
At this stage i was worried we would get too much stump through the material....i was very wrong.

pressed.jpg

Case in the mouth.

DSC_0024.jpg
DSC_0029.jpg
DSC_0030 copy.jpg

I was pretty happy.
I do think that if i used O1 i would have got a little bit more colour through and would have looked a little more natural. Also with the narrowing effect of the new veneers they look a little long. but she was happy and i think the dentist can sleep a little better.
I think the disto-insical edge of the 12 should have been a bit lower but it throws some irregularity into it i guess.

Critique away.

Im not sure why the last picture rotated...
DSC_0024.jpg DSC_0029.jpg DSC_0197.jpg DSC_0229.jpg DSC_0030 copy.jpg preop.jpg preop2.jpg pressed.jpg

Last edited:
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Compliments her smile nicely, I like that. The only thing, and keep in my mind I'm one picky goober bob, are the cuspids, especially #6 seems a little bulky labially. Hope that helps, great job Labwa :)

D

dhdc

Reaction score
Lab-ia,Great result,really good selection of ingot,and a huge improvement.Why do people still have work done at the last min???Her wedding pic would have looked so much better with the new veneers.
What really interests me is that there are some amazing pics posted on here,with all sorts of multiple powder builds,effects etc,but really good planning,communication and lab work can result in an amazing finished product,even with press and stain.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Nice case Labwa. A life change for a pretty woman !!

This went out this morning. Made custom abutments the Dr seated and then impressed.
I love it that way. Making big splints on abutments is a pain.
This was I think 2L1.5. I am really liking DSign for large splints the porc stays where I put it. Im not seeing the edges round and porc margins really stay put.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_1_3.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_2_4.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_3_2.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_4_1.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_5_1.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_1_3.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_2_4.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_3_2.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_4_1.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_5_1.jpg

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
As always awesome work Al. I love me some d.sign!

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I always drool over your work all. How long would you say the porcelain work takes you, minus the baking?

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Really no more time than building any unit times the number of units. The difference is the tissue and other parts. There are alot of larger areas that need to be layered just because of the size and space that needs to be filled. That takes more time. I find it is more accurate for me and faster to fully layer vs having metal linguals etc because it really takes alot of work to get the frame right to make the metal blend in, it almost takes a full contour wax up then a cut back to get alot of polished metal correct.

I dont have the patience and dont the the frames can handle the stress to do a really large build. I usually get them in 5 to 6 smaller bakes including the tissue. Time wise it is the same just broken up. I for sure do NOT use a small brush and add really small bits of porc. willi geller style, that would take forever and a day.

Did this case 2 weeks ago. It seated.
4 custom abuttments. Shade D3, an 80 yo woman.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_6_2.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_7.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_8.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_9.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_10.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_11.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_12_1.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_6_2.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_7.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_8.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_9.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_10.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_11.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_12_1.jpg

cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
Thats the dogs bollocks Al! I love dSign it can be refired a number of times no problem so is great for large spans!

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Here is a reason not to abandon layering or a higher end dept in your labs. Lots of labs going full force with mono crowns and not focusing on anteriors or more complex cases and this is what you may end up competing with.
Ultimate Styles posted this flyer on FB. They do awesome high end work (some of the best in the world) and use it to direct clients to their World Lab division that does cheap work.

The race to the bottom is on !

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ultimatestyles1.jpg

Intresting on their wed site under "Products" then under "Emax" they have one of my cases posted ! Dont know why because they have so many of their own cases they could use ?????

Here is the link. Mine is the lateral. Did it about 3 years ago and posted it here somewhere.

IPS e.max crowns and bridges with lithium disilicate glass ceramic for dentist and dental labs USA

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ultimatestyles3.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ultimatestyles4.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ultimatestyles5.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ultimatestyles1.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ultimatestyles3.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ultimatestyles4.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ultimatestyles5.jpg

Last edited:
amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
Hey Al-
Sorry your work was associated with such a low buget operation
the sad part is that there are actually j*ck*ss's who think that they are going to get your caliber of work for that penny on the dollar price

the lower you just posted for the 80 yr old woman is 1 of favorites

Greg Amendola MDT

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
wow id say time to talk to a lawyer.. who does that? you need to start stamping your pictures...

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
They've changed the exposure!....stealing...stealing(as they're sliding the exposure bar across in photoshop)....stealing....ours.
Thats how you make a crown!

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
That's low. I wonder how many takers on here have used your pics?

Speaking of pics,I wonder when Dis-Zirbed will post his ?

Last edited:
bonded

bonded

Reaction score
Here is a reason not to abandon layering or a higher end dept in your labs. Lots of labs going full force with mono crowns and not focusing on anteriors or more complex cases and this is what you may end up competing with.
Ultimate Styles posted this flyer on FB. They do awesome high end work (some of the best in the world) and use it to direct clients to their World Lab division that does cheap work.

The race to the bottom is on !

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ultimatestyles1.jpg

Intresting on their wed site under "Products" then under "Emax" they have one of my cases posted ! Dont know why because they have so many of their own cases they could use ?????

Here is the link. Mine is the lateral. Did it about 3 years ago and posted it here somewhere.

IPS e.max crowns and bridges with lithium disilicate glass ceramic for dentist and dental labs USA

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ultimatestyles3.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ultimatestyles4.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ultimatestyles5.jpg

Thats really funny how did you fined out, Man you can sue them or call them to pay you some money ( compensation) :cool:
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ultimatestyles1.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ultimatestyles3.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ultimatestyles4.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ultimatestyles5.jpg

Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score
Al your teeth are alive !!!!!!!!!!! so beautiful.

you should sue those low @rses!!!!!!!!!

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Al, I was in forte lauderdale awhile back and took a cruise down millionaires row. One guy developed some type of transmission back in the 50s for GM. He was let go and later GM used parts of his design. I didn't catch all the ins and outs as far as patent infringement etc. but! They ended up settling with him for around 2 dollars.......a car.......... So they guy is getting who knows how much per year from all the cars GM sells. You could do the same with the lab using your work to sell theirs;)