Roland DWX-30 vs. Wieland Mini.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hi Mark,
I have to agree, we have a mill strategy in oir Roland that uses a 0.3mm tool and provides awesome atomic detail, fit and marginal integrity. I'll try to post some picks this week.
Bob

J

Jorge

Reaction score
Adolfo, Expodental ended, what have you decided?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know what Roland did to piss off Scott and make him tell so many tall tales, but I can let the Roland machine speak for itself. We rolled over the 5000 unit mark the other day, and this machine is still kicking butt. It's faster than my giant industrial mill, and we can set the margins thinner than on every machine except our BruxZir mill.

The Roland is the TOYOTA of milling machines. A great value and very precisely made. Does this thing look like it's been run non stop for 9 months?

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y79_Ngagi_IMG00520_20120217_1212.jpg

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y79_Ngagi_IMG00536_20120224_1038.jpg

It has max cutting speed of 1000mm/minute, no? Max Z feed is 1800. But that is for Rapids only.

Fine, it is a great mill. Everyone go buy a couple right now.

I'll stick with German and Industrial grade stuff. Nine months is very impressive for your mill. I gotta give ya that!

I am seriously looking at ... http://www.primacon.com/index.php?id=331&L=1

These guys made my other 3M mills, so....why not fly them over to my house and set me up straight with the real thing? .0015mm accuracy according to VDI/DGQ 3441 testing. (1 and 1/2 micron. Germans do not play games when it comes to measuring things.)

World renowned Heidenhain iTNC 530 Controller for super fast HSC. I don't even know if a Roland has a control computer?

I would like to have some stuff that may be FDA approved for fun things. It requires high accuracy.
ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y79_Ngagi_IMG00520_20120217_1212.jpg ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y79_Ngagi_IMG00536_20120224_1038.jpg

Last edited:
C

Crownu2

Reaction score
I don't know what Roland did to piss off Scott and make him tell so many tall tales, but I can let the Roland machine speak for itself. We rolled over the 5000 unit mark the other day, and this machine is still kicking butt. It's faster than my giant industrial mill, and we can set the margins thinner than on every machine except our BruxZir mill.

The Roland is the TOYOTA of milling machines. A great value and very precisely made. Does this thing look like it's been run non stop for 9 months?

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y79_Ngagi_IMG00520_20120217_1212.jpg

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y79_Ngagi_IMG00536_20120224_1038.jpg

Hey Mark, is that a roland 50 or a 30 and whats something like that cost?

Thank you for your time
ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y79_Ngagi_IMG00520_20120217_1212.jpg ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y79_Ngagi_IMG00536_20120224_1038.jpg

Adolfo

Adolfo

Reaction score
And the winner is..... Wieland Mini!

finally bought!!!!!!

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
It has max cutting speed of 1000mm/minute, no? Max Z feed is 1800. But that is for Rapids only.

Fine, it is a great mill. Everyone go buy a couple right now.

I'll stick with German and Industrial grade stuff. Nine months is very impressive for your mill. I gotta give ya that!

I am seriously looking at ... Milling machines�>�PFM 24 mediMill�::�PRIMACON Maschinenbau GmbH

These guys made my other 3M mills, so....why not fly them over to my house and set me up straight with the real thing? .0015mm accuracy according to VDI/DGQ 3441 testing. (1 and 1/2 micron. Germans do not play games when it comes to measuring things.)

World renowned Heidenhain iTNC 530 Controller for super fast HSC. I don't even know if a Roland has a control computer?

I would like to have some stuff that may be FDA approved for fun things. It requires high accuracy.

*** what do you think of this machine ?

LYCODENT - Products

It is equipped with Heidenhain control unit as well . Weight 700 kg . Looks nice . Primacon is super cool but too much money for me ! :D

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
10.000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come and buy it from Greece , 21.000 euros for DWX-50 without VAT .17.000 for DWX-30 . How much does Wieland and Roland cost in Spain ?

Please tell me where can i buy a Roland DWX-50?I like to contact with the distributor!Here in Hungary the price is much more....(about 25.000 euros)

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have been meaning to post the full contour zirconia from our Roland DWX50 mill. Sorry it took me sooooo long. Here is a shot using a mill strategy using a 0.3mm tool.

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y44_hawkman91_DLN_photo1.jpg
ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y44_hawkman91_DLN_photo1.jpg

Last edited:
RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Zahn in Chicago gave the quote for the DWX50 at $49,000 with CAm software and i think $2,000 in zirconia pucks. Where are they selling them for under $30k?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Here is the final restoration!

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y44_hawkman91_DLN_bobspic2.jpg
ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y44_hawkman91_DLN_bobspic2.jpg

Last edited:
R

Rick Sonntag

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have been meaning to post the full contour zirconia from our Roland DWX50 mill. Sorry it took me sooooo long. Here is a shot using a mill strategy using a 0.3mm tool.

Bob:
Which CAM software are you running to get this result?

Rick

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
How long does it take on that type of detailed milling strategy? Looks great!

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Beautiful!!! Any chance of getting a shot of it in the mouth?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
How long does it take on that type of detailed milling strategy? Looks great!

22 minutes for this level of quality. We can speed it up but we prefer to go after a more high end product. In addition, when looking at the ROI of a Roland it's really no big deal to mill a little lower speed for quality and add mills when they fill.
b

C

[email protected]

Reaction score
Looks like a real solid machine. I have been on the fence as well (meaning go big or go Roland Dwx-50). I have my eyes set on a imes-icore 550i or 750i. The 750i has linear motors vs the servo motors. The 750i has the Heidenhain as well. This mill is also FDA certifiable with an accuracy of .0005mm (per manufacture). So here is the $145,000.00 question, how much?? if you dont mind sharing. Thanks

Top Bottom