Roland DWX-30 vs. Wieland Mini.

Adolfo

Adolfo

Reaction score
I decided to buy one of those two machines in Madrid Expodental within a month.
Please, I want to ask advice from your experiences.
I use it mainly for milling wax and plastic burn-out. But also zirconium (20% zirconium, 80% wax and plastic).
What really interests me is the reliability and precision, I know both are good machines but Im interested to know what recomendais and why.
I have talked with Roland and Wieland and clear, each of them has told me that your machine is the best but from experience that until these few months working with them are not their faults.
Thank you very much for your help and greetings from Madrid.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Why not DWX-50 ? Are you willing to change the tools manualy ? I am considering buying a machine too . I would go for Yenadent D43 (Origin in the US ) http://www.yenadent.com/Products/Machines/ . 4 or 5 axis , servo motors in all axis , jager spindle, wet milling option (glass ceramics or titanium) . Rigid construction 200 kg , 300 kg including wet milling . It is 5 000 euros more than Roland , but I think it worth it . A guy that owns a Roland DWX-50 told me that he is having difficulties finding tools for his machine , because the burs chock is 4mm diameter instead of the usual 3mm . Any opinions about that ? Thanks

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
My son is starting a Rock band. We are also looking at Roland equip. (Keyboard, speakers, etc)

Weiland is a CNC mill. Roland is a toy for students. (Mark and Shaun are currently re-living their youth. LOL)

4mm tools are super easy to find.

Last edited:
Adolfo

Adolfo

Reaction score
Because DWX-50 is 10000 euros more expensive and the work that I have done, I will not need the 5 axis.
It is true that the tool manually change worse, but ... 10000 euros for an automatic?.

What is this about 4mm? Can you explain please?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
The diameter of the shank of tool.

Forget it. No point was made.

The Roland Spindle and ATC is not worth 1000 Euro...much less 10x that amount. Go buy something else.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
10.000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come and buy it from Greece , 21.000 euros for DWX-50 without VAT .17.000 for DWX-30 . How much does Wieland and Roland cost in Spain ?

Adolfo

Adolfo

Reaction score
DWX-30 = 15000 euros
SOFTWARE CAM = 5000 euros
Total: 20000 + 18% IVA
:(

Adolfo

Adolfo

Reaction score
DWX-50= 22000 euros
SOFTWARE CAM= 7000 euros
Total 29000 + 18% IVA.

Adolfo

Adolfo

Reaction score
WIELAND MINI + CAM = 25000 euros + 18% IVA

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Nice video!!! Is it going to be copleted ? Till the whole crown is milled?

A

ArtisticDan

Reaction score
I have been running a Wiland Mini for 4-5 hours a day for the last 5-6 months. No problems. The CAM software is great, gets very smooth mills and great anatomy. Tells you when the burrs are wearing low, and takes maybe 30 seconds to change them out.

This is our second mill. Both from Wieland. Also have the 4030M1 for about 5 years now. Also a very solid machine, and still available from Wieland, although they really only push the Mini and the T1.

I use both for wax, zirc, and PMMA. Haven't had any problems at all with any of the materials. Wieland has a great support staff as well. If i needed another mill, Wieland would be my first stop.

Adolfo

Adolfo

Reaction score
Thanks for your message, I think that ultimately i bought the Wieland Mini. Although I have had many temptations to Roland. The trouble is that here in Spain, service is very little. Only one person for the whole country Wieland. Fortunately lives next to my house. ;-)

E

e...w...h

Reaction score
+1 on the Wieland mini. We had the T1 here for a while and decided it was not worth the extra cash... not even close. We purchased several minis in it's place and see no drop in quality. The minis here run 20+ hours per day and RARELY have any issues. Any loss in resolution from the .3mm bur on the Turning Solutions mills will be solved very shortly ;)

O

orgis

Reaction score
hello

hello...where can i find the roland dwx in greece for 21000 without VAT.do you know a place or shop?thank you

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
The dealer for Greece is Atlas Digital . This this the URL : AtlasDigital

When they submited me the offer the cost was 21.000 for the DWX-50 , 6.000 for the SUM 3D cam software , 1.500 for the suction unit . I don't know if there has been a change . Που έχεις εργαστήριο συνάδελφε ;

O

orgis

Reaction score
thank you very much, exo ena odontiatrio sta tirana ke thelume na aniksume ena ergastirio moderno.kseris ti diafora exi to MDW-30 me to MDW- 50 ektos apo ti timh?

S

Suraj

Reaction score
Has any one checked MDX 40A from Roland. You might laugh but we have 7 of them running successfully for more than an year. Needs Delcam to run these. Min 40 units a day.
Real cheap but excellent output. Best option as a first machine.

E

Early

Reaction score
Thanks for your message, I think that ultimately i bought the Wieland Mini. Although I have had many temptations to Roland. The trouble is that here in Spain, service is very little. Only one person for the whole country Wieland. Fortunately lives next to my house. ;-)

You can check GT-Medical booth on Expodental . They are dealer for yenadent in Spain.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
I don't know what Roland did to piss off Scott and make him tell so many tall tales, but I can let the Roland machine speak for itself. We rolled over the 5000 unit mark the other day, and this machine is still kicking butt. It's faster than my giant industrial mill, and we can set the margins thinner than on every machine except our BruxZir mill.

The Roland is the TOYOTA of milling machines. A great value and very precisely made. Does this thing look like it's been run non stop for 9 months?

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y79_Ngagi_IMG00520_20120217_1212.jpg

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y79_Ngagi_IMG00536_20120224_1038.jpg
ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y79_Ngagi_IMG00520_20120217_1212.jpg ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y79_Ngagi_IMG00536_20120224_1038.jpg