Vita MFT

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I have to admit that Vita make some very nice denture teeth. Their new line Called the MFT live up to their high standards with a more economical price. We currently stock a few different brands but I am seriously considering putting a stock of these in my lab. If you are not currently a Vita 3D lab utilizing their shades it may be a bit of a transition for you as they only come in 3D shades.

What I will say is the combo case we did with them looked amazing. Generally two dissimilar materials will reflect light differently (porcelain/plastic denture teeth) these teeth seemed to absorb the light and the blend from bridge to partial was uniform. These teeth also come in fewer mould sizes to make putting an inventory together very easy.

If you haven't seen them take a look.

Denture Teeth Vident.com

B

billydte

Reaction score
Thats all I use is Vita Teeth and porcelain. They are really nice. I use the Physiodens and Lingoforms mostly but the MFTs are nice. I like them better than the Vitapan and they cost less than VItapan. Only down side to MFT and Lingoform is the few shades they come in.

Also John, Hi-Tec Dental is a good place to buy them from 800-859-2006. You actually get customer service and a human answering the phone unlike calling Zahn.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Thats all I use is Vita Teeth and porcelain. They are really nice. I use the Physiodens and Lingoforms mostly but the MFTs are nice. I like them better than the Vitapan and they cost less than VItapan. Only down side to MFT and Lingoform is the few shades they come in.

Also John, Hi-Tec Dental is a good place to buy them from 800-859-2006. You actually get customer service and a human answering the phone unlike calling Zahn.

Thanks for the tip another great vendor is Shawn at Nowak Dental. He is my go to guy!

Dental Supplies - Waterpik, Denture Teeth, Porcelain Oven, Whipmix Vericore (Verus) CAD CAM

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
John can you tell me what the price range looks like for these? I have a Dr who LOVES the 3d guide, but blanches at paying for physiodens. Of course, with only 8 shades to work with it would be my luck that he'd still go off the reservation.

B

billydte

Reaction score
Hi-Tec prices are $25 and $14

Nowak Dental is a great company, I buy a lot of stuff from them.

hydent

hydent

Reaction score
I have to say I have been using these for a couple of months now and I think the posteriors are some of the best I've used for achieving balanced lingualized occlusion. I just wish they would have stuck with the standard vita shades thats my main complaint also as billy said they are limited in the shades they make them in. If you haven't tried them try them, I'd like to hear other opinions too. I think the posteriors are awesome!

B

billydte

Reaction score
I only use Physiodens, lingoforms, and MFT and I can tell you the posterior molds look identical in shape to the lingoforms, I think they use the lingoform molds for it.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I only use Physiodens, lingoforms, and MFT and I can tell you the posterior molds look identical in shape to the lingoforms, I think they use the lingoform molds for it.

That makes sense from a lean manufacturing point of view.

D

department19972

Reaction score
Hello members, this is my first post.

I have a question regarding the MFT denture teeth. Why are the MFT by Vita so much more expensive than the Artic and Basic teeth I receive from Kulzer? The MFT teeth are made in China, as are the two Kulzer lines, so labor should not be a consideration. All three lines are made of resin, probably CAD designed, and injected. The Kulzer lines are a fraction of the cost of the MFT and I'm trying to understand why the increased cost. Any insight would be much appreciated.

griffmar79

griffmar79

Reaction score
MFT's have positioned themselves as a nicer tooth than the Artic and Basics. We replaced Ivoclar Blue line with MFT's with no complaints from our doctors, but I think the Ivoclar
look better personally.

H

harry1

Reaction score
US pricing seems a little higher than UK, MFT's currently retailing @ £8.25 ($13,54 for ants & posts, with various buy in options at half this price. What do you guys pay for HK Artic's, here just launched @ £1.35 ($2.21)

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
MFT's have positioned themselves as a nicer tooth than the Artic and Basics. We replaced Ivoclar Blue line with MFT's with no complaints from our doctors, but I think the Ivoclar
look better personally.

I use Ivoclar all the time but almost exclusively on the Chromoscop line because I like the more intense chroma more. I am probably subjectively feeling the Blue line being flat. I usually avoid the PE and only use the DCL
for what it is worth. Any one know if MFT wears faster than Bioblend?
LCM

hydent

hydent

Reaction score
Vita teeth do have a tendency to be overpriced in my opinion, particularly the vitapan teeth .. very expensive for a somewhat ordinary looking tooth. I thought I saw an ad for a new tooth line from vita called "vitapan plus" anyone know anything about these? are they cheaper in price? and where can you get some? The problem I had with MFT's is they went with the 3d shades sure you can convert to standard vita shade but it's still slightly different..

D

department19972

Reaction score
griffmar79 - how do you retail price the MFT's, same as the ivoclar blue line?

pingvin

pingvin

Reaction score
JohnWilson said:
Generally two dissimilar materials will reflect light differently (porcelain/plastic denture teeth) these teeth seemed to absorb the light and the blend from bridge to partial was uniform.

A picture would be nice if you perhaps have... :redface:

pdent

pdent

Reaction score
Vitapan Teeth

I have 100 sets of Vitapan ant teeth that I would like to sell for $2500 including the cabinet.

cdr50

cdr50

Reaction score
Uhler Dental Supply introduced it's newest line of acrylic teeth on June 1 of this year. They are called Odipal and they are Vita shades in Vita Moulds. They are made in Europe by Europes oldest tooth manufacturer. They go for $10.95 a card for both Anteriors and Posteriors. Its got the best looking shade guides I have seen for this range of teeth.

mivoice4you

mivoice4you

Reaction score
Anyone know if theres a shade conversion chart beween vita and bluline?