Monomer Mitigation Methods

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Have you found something that you really like? Or is what you have just what you wanted and needed?

I need to do something more, the old lab had lots of ventilation being in a buliding that was almost 100 years old and nothing fit flush.

This place was made in the late 70's and they made it tight.

My little filter can't keep up and I've been using the lab's bathroom vent fans as extra airflow with just leaving the doors open constantly.

I'm looking at this and wondered if anyone had one or a better or different solution with which they were pleased.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score

Thinking to put one in the curing room and the wax/cold cure room.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I'm looking at this and wondered if anyone had one or a better or different solution with which they were pleased.
I've found keeping the lid on the monomer works best.

I have an older quatro air filter. It originally had activated charcoal/carbon filters available as an option.
I don't know what they're asking for that fume hood, but I've been thinking of a squirrel cage or other type fan in an enclosure with several stacked disposable charcoal air filters that could be swapped out.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
We have a vaniman pure breeze. Instead of mounting it on the wall or ceiling, we have it on a cart so we can move it to where it's needed. We do repairs in one room and processing in another.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Since I switched to ivobase the monomer smell hasn't been very noticeable unless I do a big repair with cold cure. Typically I would invest and ivobase a large repair anyway.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
T
We have a vaniman pure breeze. Instead of mounting it on the wall or ceiling, we have it on a cart so we can move it to where it's needed. We do repairs in one room and processing in another.
That's a really smart idea. Never thought about making one mobile. Does it coexist with anything on a standard outlet or did it need one all it's own?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I've found keeping the lid on the monomer works best.

I have an older quatro air filter. It originally had activated charcoal/carbon filters available as an option.
I don't know what they're asking for that fume hood, but I've been thinking of a squirrel cage or other type fan in an enclosure with several stacked disposable charcoal air filters that could be swapped out.
I'd been thinking along similar lines, even just to push it up into the ceiling above the drop tiles. Let it have it's way with the asbestos i expect must be in here somewhere.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
T

That's a really smart idea. Never thought about making one mobile. Does it coexist with anything on a standard outlet or did it need one all it's own?
It doesn't need it's own outlet.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
I’m of the opinion that if it isn’t being sucked out of the building you’re still breathing it. Charcoal takes away the odor, but I don’t know that it makes it safe to breathe. ??

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
monomer mitigation methods
odour ousting options
stinky smell solutions

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
monomer mitigation methods
odour ousting options
stinky smell solutions
anytime alliteration advances aimlessly and arrives anyone additionally alluding, allowing all, any apropos and alluring attempts, alleviates agony amazingly assisting an amusement amplitude abundance avalanche affect.

I can't believe that makes sense.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
anytime alliteration advances aimlessly and arrives anyone additionally alluding, allowing all, any apropos and alluring attempts, alleviates agony amazingly assisting an amusement amplitude abundance avalanche affect.

How long did it take you to compose that?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I’m of the opinion that if it isn’t being sucked out of the building you’re still breathing it. Charcoal takes away the odor, but I don’t know that it makes it safe to breathe. ??
Not trying to convince you, but here's some info on why it works.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
IT all comes down to surface area and bonding area available pn that surface.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
did you use spell ☑️
Probably not enough. If I thought it was going to be hard to spell I plug it into duckduckgo and see if I mean what I think I mean too
Then I type whatever it tells me is the correct spelling.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score

We got a new resident Shakespeare... Party

Top Bottom