Any alternative to DESS-USA for parts please!

W

Willard

Reaction score
It apparently took them longer to settle in after the move. Was told only a one or two day delay before parts would ship. This was after they said they would be up and running.
4 days later nothing shipped.
I checked and was told things were delayed a day or two. The problem was things were delayed for a week. Not what they had posted.
I was also looking at other options.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
It apparently took them longer to settle in after the move. Was told only a one or two day delay before parts would ship. This was after they said they would be up and running.
I checked and was told things were delayed a day or two. The problem was things were delayed for a week. Not what they had posted.
Thanks Manny.

Manny

Manny

Reaction score
ok whats the scoop? whats wrong with dess?
Not first time the shipping usually takes way too long, if you choose UPS Ground it takes up to two weeks I know they were moving on June the 27-th to Portland and one day before, on the 26-th I ordered. Today July the 15-th i finally got the parts. In the meantime the doctor is calling me about the case, I'm pissed off and I'm looking for an alternative. I've tried Atlantis, Strauman, Medentica, until I've heard about Dess. Nothing wrong about Dess products, it's just sometimes something goes wrong, that's why I need an alternative.

Manny

Manny

Reaction score
You’re
that’s exactly what happened to me

Manny

Manny

Reaction score
Yes

Manny

Manny

Reaction score
Dess moved to Oregon over the July 4th holiday. They are just getting back up and running with usual ship times. It was all posted prior to the move. I don't know why they moved but moving from Commifornia is what a lot of people/companies are doing.
That’s ok to move, just don’t promise me you will ship before moving and you know you’re lying.

Manny

Manny

Reaction score
I needed alternative solutions. Don’t put your eggs in one place, if they mess up you’re left hanging...
Don’t forget Joe Bobs Mufflers and Implants in Tennessee. Can’t post a link because they’re not a sponsor.
C’mon Manny let’s hear it!

Manny

Manny

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your answers, now I got a list!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Not suggesting anything other than someone might not know that UPS has suspended *all* delivery promises since March.

Manny

Manny

Reaction score
Not suggesting anything other than someone might not know that UPS has suspended *all* delivery promises since March.
I'm not a UPS fan and I ask to pay extra shipping to be used a different company than this. And they are losing, delaying and destroy packages before March.
My problem was with Dess promising they will ship before moving to Oregon which they didn't, that's all.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I had the same issue, I had a tough case that was deilvered today (weds),I ordered on the 2nd, and wasnt shipped until the 8th.. so I got it on friday. While I wish they wouldve let me know, I wouldve ordered something else, Im not sure Id call it lying..

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
SAA I keep extra parts for all platforms, I don't fault DESS as stated UPS also has a hand in this. In addition, this means ordering new scan bodies, which will be expensive. I needed a library for the older conical Bdg/Bar variobases from Straumann, as the rep sent the wrong ones again! What really gets me is their "technical dept", sent me the library, but it was for the newer non-eng variobases. The rep mentioned that the "production manager", said they thought they had the library available.....I laid into said rep. about trusting anyone with mngr. in their title, as they are usually the furthest removed from the truth, or what is actually happening on the floor. I think you have better juck asking the shipping person or overnight janitor. Stuff happens and I use DESS for all things not original requested by Dr., and I've alsp asked Drs.' about said warranty when they try to use. If anyone has a EXOCAD library for those older bdg/bar bases from Straumann I would be grateful, scanning them is very tough but probably doable. My 2 cents.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Not first time the shipping usually takes way too long, if you choose UPS Ground it takes up to two weeks I know they were moving on June the 27-th to Portland and one day before, on the 26-th I ordered. Today July the 15-th i finally got the parts. In the meantime the doctor is calling me about the case, I'm pissed off and I'm looking for an alternative. I've tried Atlantis, Strauman, Medentica, until I've heard about Dess. Nothing wrong about Dess products, it's just sometimes something goes wrong, that's why I need an alternative.
https://preat.com/

https://www.diamodent.com/

Z

ztech

Reaction score
I know Keith G monitors this board and I wish he would negotiate a deal with FedEx. UPS in my area is so undependable that I will pay 7-8$ more just for the convenience and service of FedEx.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I know Keith G monitors this board and I wish he would negotiate a deal with FedEx. UPS in my area is so undependable that I will pay 7-8$ more just for the convenience and service of FedEx.
West coast?