What CAD is best all around or design, ROI, equipment options etc.

I

implantguy

Reaction score
Soooo I’m sure there is a thread on this somewhere, but what are the thoughts on best CAD software to run in the lab, 3shape, exocad, etc??
Please consider software stability, licensing costs, compatibility with mills/printers in your answers. Thanks everyone for your shared experiences and advice!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Soooo I’m sure there is a thread on this somewhere, but what are the thoughts on best CAD software to run in the lab, 3shape, exocad, etc??
Please consider software stability, licensing costs, compatibility with mills/printers in your answers. Thanks everyone for your shared experiences and advice!
There's a thread on it now ;)

Z

ztech

Reaction score
If you like iphones go with 3shape, if you like android go with exocad.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i'm starting to warm up to the idea that Blender or zbrush could be the next big thing for dental.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
i'm starting to warm up to the idea that Blender or zbrush could be the next big thing for dental.
You'd have to master both to be able to output anything usable in real time... Blender for Dental could become interesting when it matures

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You'd have to master both to be able to output anything usable in real time... Blender for Dental could become interesting when it matures
I don't have that much time.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
I haven't tried blender but if Sculptris and Meshmixer were any indication, it won't be that bad.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Exocad sucks the big one.
3 Shape has a better support network and the members are not a bunch of dorks like those exocad dummies.Boxing

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
3 Shape has a better support network and the members are not a bunch of dorks like those exocad dummies.Boxing
Support network? You mean FaceBook?

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score

3 shape is garbage software. it can't even properly use multi core CPUs, and has so many bugs, it's not even beta worthy. what use is a support network, when even 3shape techs can't help with a lot of these problems.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
3 shape is garbage software. it can't even properly use multi core CPUs, and has so many bugs, it's not even beta worthy. what use is a support network, when even 3shape techs can't help with a lot of these problems.
I have to agree here. This is pretty much my experience. I use it every day, and it makes me money, but hell, there is not a day it doesn't crash... Call tech support with an issue and, while helpful, they pretty much learn as they go. Many times we are more knowledgeable (not me, but my digital guy). Before 3Shape, I used ZZ for three years (not mine),while it was not free of issues, it was a relatively hassle free time. Cant say that form 3Shape... Why I did go 3shape, you may ask? Well, I have ben working with Ivoclar for the last 30 years, even lecturing internationally for them. They were reseller for 3shape, back then and the license was included for three years, which was a big plus. But boy, do I regret the moment I bought into 3Shape...

Top Bottom