So Im testing out a new printer...

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Is anycubic open for other materials?

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
Latest update. Anycubic has 2 "Model" materials. There is the dental, non-castable Skin, and the Basic Skin. From what I can see, the big difference is the shrinkage of the material. The dental cost is $120/L, the non-dental is $59/L. Figures... I have both and am running some side by side prints to see if there is a difference in fits... Will update when I know more.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Latest update. Anycubic has 2 "Model" materials. There is the dental, non-castable Skin, and the Basic Skin. From what I can see, the big difference is the shrinkage of the material. The dental cost is $120/L, the non-dental is $59/L. Figures... I have both and am running some side by side prints to see if there is a difference in fits... Will update when I know more.
with the amount saved on the initial cost of the printer, $120/L of material is just fine with me lol
ill be snagging a Photon, and a Phrozen methinks!

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
Im buying a phrozen XL to try out for denture bases and larger models. Im thinking for digital removables, the Shuffle and Shuffle XL combo will be a good solution for getting things done, and all in with extras I may be at $3k??

E

erykd1

Reaction score
with the amount saved on the initial cost of the printer, $120/L of material is just fine with me lol
ill be snagging a Photon, and a Phrozen methinks!

We picked up a Phrozen Shuffle a few months ago and it's been working great. Just made our first surgical guide with Whipmix Vericore OS Resin. Printing speed isn't great, but we just set it to print overnight and in the morning everything is ready.

Attachments

• IMG_1030.jpg
    IMG_1030.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 235
PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
We picked up a Phrozen Shuffle a few months ago and it's been working great. Just made our first surgical guide with Whipmix Vericore OS Resin. Printing speed isn't great, but we just set it to print overnight and in the morning everything is ready.

Print looks nice and clean. I agree, the speed isnt great, but there is a tradeoff for the pricepoint, right?? Where did you get the profile for the Vericore resin?

E

erykd1

Reaction score
Print looks nice and clean. I agree, the speed isnt great, but there is a tradeoff for the pricepoint, right?? Where did you get the profile for the Vericore resin?
Absolutely nowhere, which is frustrating. Just had to go through trial and error. Started with the Nextdent SG profile with a layer cure time of 15 sec, but ended up with a misprint. Played around with some test prints and bumped it up to 30 sec and that worked fine, it just took all night.

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
Wow... 30/layer is tough... yikes! Did you not like the Nextdent?

E

erykd1

Reaction score
Never tried the nextdent, just went with the vericore and didn't think about cure times. Vericore was a little cheaper, but in hindsight the Nextdent might be worth it for the time savings.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
These are the very first prints from my Phrozen Shuffle...needless to say, I am impressed. Bridge fits great right out of the sintering furnace.Still need to finetune the settings a bit and work on my nesting skills, but it looks like it can do the job just fine, albeit slow. Going to try out a few resins to find which will work the best... then I'll buy a few more, to scale up production...
32361 32362

B

basler

Reaction score
I received the Photon S couple of days ago...I will be selling the old photons now lol...
If you are in the market for photon just get the new one.
faster print and whole printing area can be used now much more predictable with no failures

I tried printing denture and 4 models (i believe 2:45h) on the same print to see how it will handle no issue whatsoever. 32363 32365

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
Thats a nice looking build... Ditto for the Shuffle. @zero_zero

I have a Shuffle and Shuffle XL coming in Friday, curious to see whats up. Im thinking the pair would be ideal for Dentures. Time will tell!

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
These are the very first prints from my Phrozen Shuffle...needless to say, I am impressed. Bridge fits great right out of the sintering furnace.Still need to finetune the settings a bit and work on my nesting skills, but it looks like it can do the job just fine, albeit slow. Going to try out a few resins to find which will work the best... then I'll buy a few more, to scale up production...
View attachment 32361 View attachment 32362
Hi zero_zero, what resin did you choose for this? Much appreciated Hmmmm2:Congrats:

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Hi zero_zero, what resin did you choose for this? Much appreciated Hmmmm2:Congrats:
That is Monocure 3d rapid whith 50 micron layer height, got some Anycubic and Makerjuice SF resins as well to try... I just need longer days Banghead