Exocad Solutions

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
substitute and melt !!! and the rest you can use for whatever is in your brain with different matching options for example to add a new bite to old models so you didnt have to start at the beginning just add correct occlusion done.

Schirmfoto_2017-03-09_114557.jpg

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Question:

I designed a post on an impression scan. I then want to make a crown over top of the post.

I exported the post and lower jaw scan as a single .stl file.

Now when I go to design the crown. I import that single .stl file of the lower jaw and post.

After I mark the margin on the lower scan I get this flat looking area where the post would be and get a very large area when selecting the insertion direction.

What am I missing here?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Post a screen shot please.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I am looking to make surgical guides with CBCT scans from dr. underlying the scanned model? I was told I need the DiCom module but my reseller doesn't support?? I also will need model builder of some sort, I'm hoping there is enough new stuff in Colonge to make it worth updating?? Thanks In Advance! P.M. me an address for beer.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
The DICOM viewer module allows for viewing DICOM images and saving as .stl.
There is no official workflow to design guides in exocad available at this time.
That being said, I have experimented with designing guides using the bite splint module along
with DICOM viewer with the implants burned into the image. You can match the scan of the model
to the image and then design a bite splint/guide and use the ATT/remove to cut for guide tubes, but
getting an accurate measurement and then doing the math to make sure you have the depth stop correct
is a little dicey. In areas where ridge width and bone is not lacking or you don't have a nerve to worry
about severing you could probably pull it off with ease. There are other softwares out there that do all
off the math for the various implants and guide tubes automatically. So my advice would be to purchase
something on the market already or wait for exocad to release the official version of exoplan.

Kam Yu

Kam Yu

Reaction score
What 2th said...
I'd go with the most generic version I could put my hands on...I don't care about custom skins nor features, I have yet to see a customized iteration what offers more oompf for the buck than the plain generic exo does...
Which company sells a generic version? Or a version with most freedom? I currently have preciso vhf 4axis with older software version. Currently enough for my lab but looking to start doing more digital fabrication.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Dominion Milling Center, we have had nothing short of Amazing support and training, The Best and you can certainly count on them for everything...whenever!!![emoji5]

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
Question:

I designed a post on an impression scan. I then want to make a crown over top of the post.

I exported the post and lower jaw scan as a single .stl file.

Now when I go to design the crown. I import that single .stl file of the lower jaw and post.

After I mark the margin on the lower scan I get this flat looking area where the post would be and get a very large area when selecting the insertion direction.

What am I missing here?

Sounds like you need to adjust your main axis orientation.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Dominion Milling Center, we have had nothing short of Amazing support and training, The Best and you can certainly count on them for everything...whenever!!![emoji5]

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Dominion Milling Center

Dominion Milling Center

giphy.gif

Top Bottom