Zubler vario press300 vs Ivoclar EP5000

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Ivoclar EP5000 took 19 minutes and 40 seconds. Not bad though. All devest and take some photos of the results before invex liquid.

Looking forward to this!

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Ok, Zubler on the left and Ivoclar on the right. A few things I want to mention first. This was the first pressing right out of the box with the Zubler oven. I am actually going to lower the temp about 2c and press the same unit again. I also spent almost double the time blasting the investment off the unit out of the Ivoclar oven. The investment came right off the unit out of the Zubler oven.

Initial results were very noticeable. There s a value and color difference between the two. Very noticeable in person but not so much on camera. Ill post photos of the next one with the adjusted temperature this afternoon......hopefully

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1363098709.132364.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1363098778.705589.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1363098838.331334.jpg

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I wanted to mention that we used Aluminum oxide to blast out the units. The Zubler unit didn't have any reaction layer. We had to work on the Ivoclar unit awhile. We went to aluminum oxide because of the heavy reaction layer we were getting before. I may have spent to much time cleaning up the Ivoclar unit to give an accurate comparison.

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Ok, Zubler on the left and Ivoclar on the right. A few things I want to mention first. This was the first pressing right out of the box with the Zubler oven. I am actually going to lower the temp about 2c and press the same unit again. I also spent almost double the time blasting the investment off the unit out of the Ivoclar oven. The investment came right off the unit out of the Zubler oven.

Initial results were very noticeable. There s a value and color difference between the two. Very noticeable in person but not so much on camera. Ill post photos of the next one with the adjusted temperature this afternoon......hopefully

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jason, I see what you've done here is to blow off a lot of the reaction layer using Alumina oxide. When we ran the same test in Germany, we would divest with Glass beads at 3 bar of pressure. The results would be most dramatic. Ours would be clean and the other would have much more reaction layer. The resulting photos are the same photos we use in our videos. May I propose that you run the test again and divest with glass beads instead?

C

charles007

Reaction score
Obama keeping you from getting glass beads lol

Which crown has a better shade ? ep5000

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
The Zubler unit had a much better color and value.

Zubler USA, I pay my tech by the hour. The Zubler unit is no problem, but using glass beads on the Ivoclar unit may put him into over time lol. Sure ill redo the test and tell him not to spend so much time cleaning up the Ivoclar unit.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Thats an awesome comparison! I still have a used vario press sitting in the box waiting to be used, cant wait! Jason do you have the 300.e emax update?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Thats an awesome comparison! I still have a used vario press sitting in the box waiting to be used, cant wait! Jason do you have the 300.e emax update?

Yes I have the update. Actually I thought something went wrong because it finished so quick lol. I panicked and then realized..... It was done! Lol.

I let my tech that normally blasts the units out of the rings handle the de vesting. I didn't think to tell him to not spend all the time he normally does cleaning up the units. He laughed and said the Zubler unit didn't require any extra cleanup. Investment just popped right off and it was clean. I need to give a better comparison for actual pre cleanup etc.. We normally spent quite a bit of time cleaning the Emax units up out of the Ivoclar ovens. I would also get occasional Pitts and deep orange peel surfaces. Really made it difficult when pressing full contour anterior thin veneers etc.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Jason, when you press 200gm rings, that's where you'll most likely see a big difference in value and chroma.
Press some shade tabs to compare to the Ivo tabs.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Jason, when you press 200gm rings, that's where you'll most likely see a big difference in value and chroma.
Press some shade tabs to compare to the Ivo tabs.

What were you seeing?

Top Bottom