Zubler vario press300 vs Ivoclar EP5000

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Get ready for the smack down! Ill post some photos of the same units pressed from each oven Monday;)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362775554.558376.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362775554.558376.jpg

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Get ready for the smack down! Ill post some photos of the same units pressed from each oven Monday;)

Looking forward to your feedback...I'm considering purchasing another pressing furnace shortly. I have EP 5000 but am considering the Summit Press from Ibex or the Zubler. Does the Zubler have a calibration setup like the Ivoclar?

GoldRunner

GoldRunner

Reaction score
I hate paying for the calibrations stick from Ivoclar. Sometimes we only get about 80 pressing before trouble starts. I mean really, calibrate every 50 pressings, that could be less than 2 weeks. Even with the slight reaction layer we get, it takes time to microscopically seat the margins of the crowns, let alone finish the surface. Really looking at milling emax with one of the new wet mills.

Let the smack down commence!

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
It goes through a calibration procedure at the factory and then the technician here re calibrates again before sending. I was told there is no reason to calibrate it. Ibex is the same way.

I am hoping to see zero reaction layer as well as faster pressing times. Ill let you know;)

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Jason,
I have both. Zubler wins hand down.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Jason are you a beta testing lab for Zubler :)

Seems you have gotten very chummy with them :)

Its fun to get new toys!

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
The only reservations I have about the Zubler & the Ibex is they use compressed air to drive the plunger. I would assume that they rely on a timed cycle rather than using an electronic sensor to determine when the cycle is complete like the Ivoclar. I used to have a Ney that used compressed air process and I didn't like it. If the compressor goes out, so does the furnace activity.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Jason are you a beta testing lab for Zubler :)

Seems you have gotten very chummy with them :)

Its fun to get new toys!

Lol! Naaah.. I do really like their stuff though. I really like Brian and Steve as well. Just always seem very honest and upfront.

I'm like a 5 year old anyway, and the new toys keep me interested;) lol

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk HD

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
The only reservations I have about the Zubler & the Ibex is they use compressed air to drive the plunger. I would assume that they rely on a timed cycle rather than using an electronic sensor to determine when the cycle is complete like the Ivoclar. I used to have a Ney that used compressed air process and I didn't like it. If the compressor goes out, so does the furnace activity.

That is my only concern... I really like the mechanical press feature in the Ivoclar oven. Take my advice though, call Daniel at ibex/garland, and let him explain his ideology and science behind the design of his furnace. Tons of information.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk HD

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Jason, did it come with a cord and a manual?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Jason, did it come with a cord and a manual?

Mine came with a power cord, vacuum power cord, 3 air and vacuum supply hoses with inline filter, air regulator, enclosed vacuum pump and a fairly thick manual with all the warranty info included in the front of the manual. They also installed all the programs for the different ceramics I use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Mine came with a power cord, vacuum power cord, 3 air and vacuum supply hoses with inline filter, air regulator, enclosed vacuum pump and a fairly thick manual with all the warranty info included in the front of the manual. They also installed all the programs for the different ceramics I use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

How does the cost of the Zubler compare with the Ivoclar EP3000? I think the EP3000 lists for about $8500 but I'm not sure if that includes pump.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
The Zubler is $7990 with pump and the special Emax press program capabilities.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im in the Zubler camp, but...I dont use the advanced press feature. I have my own numbers and use the long press. The Zubler auto calibrates, so you wont be doing any of that, and as far as needing compressed air...although one of the members here isnt a Zubler guy, he doesnt need to worry about losing his compressor. I believe hes running compressed CO2 or nitrogen.

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score

The Vario Press 300 has an intelligent sensor that monitors the press position. The oven does not rely on timed press. Ivoclar uses a stepper motor, we use air, both work well as long as their environment is maintained.

C

charles007

Reaction score
I'm taking bets the Zubler wins, anyone want to bet $$$
Anyone want to buy my ep5000 for $6500.
You must buy before the winner is released !

Zirconia is King now lol

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score

If the air goes out alot of bad things happen in the whole lab. The mill, press, high speeds, denture press all out of the game. When was the last time your air failed anyway? Zubler blows it out of the water. Very fast and no reaction layer. The new programs have increased our press capacity by close to 50%.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Ok, Zubler just finished pressing Emax LT 100gram ring. Took 12 minutes and 29 seconds.... Still waiting on the Ivoclar oven... Been 18 minutes so far... Started them at the same time with the same unit

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Ivoclar EP5000 took 19 minutes and 40 seconds. Not bad though. All devest and take some photos of the results before invex liquid.

Top Bottom