zirconia implant question

L

logitech80

Reaction score
i spoke to Atlantis to get splint 8 9 implant screw retained. They said they can't do splint 8 9 screw retain implant. Does anyone know why?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
theres a lot of ways to splint implants.

splinted abutments, with a framework and porcelain

monolithic restoration over separate abutments

splinted abutments and monolithic overlay.

best, easiest, cheapest way to do it is separate abutments monolithic overlay. i am willing to say atlantis can't splint abutments because their software may not allow it. in order to do this in 3shape if you have the software and are simply sending atlantis your scans, you need the implant bar software extension. either that or do it the hard way and scan titanium bases as copings and design your own bar using the Coping software. its no different from a 3 unit bridge, just leave out the pontic.

hammerhead

hammerhead

Reaction score
i spoke to Atlantis to get splint 8 9 implant screw retained. They said they can't do splint 8 9 screw retain implant. Does anyone know why?

they work inside a box. go figure

doug

doug

Reaction score
Okay, I'll bite. Why do you want them splinted?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Atlantis most likely doesn't do splinted screw retained implants most likely because they do not do any framework design. strictly implants and single implants! You want screw retained splinted implant you need to find a lab or milling center that is capable of doing such thing.

You need to design the abutments then the bridge over the two abutments then screw retain them and you are set.

Ask Atlantis if they do ZR copings if they say now then you know why they can't do what you are looking for.

3shape Exocad and various other CAD programs can do this.

Last edited:
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Just don't engage an you should be just fine. Not sure why they need to be splinted though. Maybe they didn't understand what you were asking for.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
They dont want you to have any error in passivity. micro leakage defeats the purpose of the bone level interface they work so hard on getting a perfect fit for. they say they're accurate to less than 5 microns. I can see where they're coming from failed implant point to them not the lab. what about a uni abutment then bridge over that?

L

lia

Reaction score
Are you talking splinted abutments or framework? Atlantis doesn't do framework. You have to do it yourself on top of the Atlantis abutments

L

lia

Reaction score
I think unis are used for posterior bridges only. If you want splinted anterior cast design will work, providing the implant size will allow it

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Nobel does hybrids for me all the time, but have to go to Quebec and
I provide the wax-pattern, they custom mill.
LCM