Wieland Mini Breaking burrs while milling stress breaker

JEFF AEZIMAN

JEFF AEZIMAN

Reaction score
Anyone have trouble breaking burrs while trying to mill stress breakers

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
If I was a betting man you are not managing the CAM, when you run the standard deviation simulation do you have any red?

Also the internal of the dove tail you need to set a direction and have it mill these as a hole and not allow the external fine milling to enter this space. Use painter and direction to set this up. What is happening is there is lateral force put on the bur as it runs around the pattern and then drops into the deep spot with side load. When you mill the concavity with the plunging motion of the hole strategy its much easier not to snap things off.Remember this is a 4x CAM you have to think a little different when you use object edit to set the insertion to follow the hole just like you would for a screw retained crown.

Head spinning?

JEFF AEZIMAN

JEFF AEZIMAN

Reaction score
Thanks John
I have no red during simulation but will check out insertion

Jeff

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Sorry man, but the irony is too much to take without a chuckle.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
More along the lines of the stress being caused trying to mill a stress breaker....

Get your mind out of the gutter Mister.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Being off topic for a minute, is anyone milling stress breaker bridges in zirconia and having success ?.... meaning, not
having attachment breakage in the mouth....I would fear breakage of the male attachment.....
My cases with path of insertion problems automatically turns into pfm attachment bridges........

John, if your milling with 5 axis mill is this a none issue ?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I have made these with success but its case specific for me. If its a tight bite case against natural teeth I am not going to recommend it.

Most of the time these connectors are not used for the reason they are intended,

1) I see them used on cases where the terminal abutment is compromised and they are contemplating a partial in the future where the dove tail will eliminate a facial clasp

2) ON cases where the Dr can not get the preps to draw.

If not reprep I often will make a telescope instead but again it has more to do with so many other issues that using a blanket statement is't accurate for us.

I have free end partials with Vertical hader clips being used and they are holding up "Knock on Zirconia"

JEFF AEZIMAN

JEFF AEZIMAN

Reaction score
If I was a betting man you are not managing the CAM, when you run the standard deviation simulation do you have any red?

Also the internal of the dove tail you need to set a direction and have it mill these as a hole and not allow the external fine milling to enter this space. Use painter and direction to set this up. What is happening is there is lateral force put on the bur as it runs around the pattern and then drops into the deep spot with side load. When you mill the concavity with the plunging motion of the hole strategy its much easier not to snap things off.Remember this is a 4x CAM you have to think a little different when you use object edit to set the insertion to follow the hole just like you would for a screw retained crown.

Head spinning?
Success thanks for your help John