Who uses delcam cam software?

jackjabbour

jackjabbour

Reaction score
Were about to start using delcams software with our dental mill 5 axis dry mill. Any thoughts on this software such as is it easy to use? How's the accuracy? Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!!

I'm a rookie to in-house milling and I should be all set up and running in a month and am trying to gain as much knowledge and wisdom before I take off.

C

charles007

Reaction score
You maybe the only lab using Delcam here on DLN, so good luck with that.. Delcam is a great company with years of experience in the Cam business and has good support. Please share your experiences as you learn how to mill..

jackjabbour

jackjabbour

Reaction score
Just curious Charles, why do you think I'm the only lab using Delcam?

C

charles007

Reaction score
Funny... you were brave like me lol ..when I bought into the Delcam Cad idea, or you know alot more than me.. Haven't heard anything negative about Delcams Cam.. Guess you bought the Roland to go with their Cam

jackjabbour

jackjabbour

Reaction score
?? I bought the dental mill 5. Which is a 5 axis dry 2 puck mill. I'm using 3shape for cad and delcam for my cam(milling strategies). I don't understand your last comment?

B

brgo

Reaction score
I use Delcam software for my Kavo Everest Mill. I think the Dentmill software is great but I think the Dent Cad has a long way to go. I have just started using Exocad which is a far superior program but will probably continue to use Dentmill. Can't complain about support this is great.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Was talking to a friend of mine in the UK last week and it sounds like he is having a really poor time with Dentmill, they installed it on his system in August and they are still testing the milling toolpaths,OMG I would be going mental. Still having big problems sorting out the shrinkage rate on Zr. He says its very hit and miss. He has had to get new holders milled as it wont work with the ones he has. I have heard one guy on here say its fantastic and have others say it is really hard work. Pete

B

brgo

Reaction score
If your friend likes I can send him my templates to try.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I prefer SUM3d CAM software. Best solution for the money and has more global support for Dental for a wider range of mills.

It gets better every week/day!

It works great work 3shape, and uses the extra data files to import teeth fast from 3shape and exocad.

Absolutly able to work with your mill, but maybe Kim would rather you buy his solution??

jackjabbour

jackjabbour

Reaction score
Ya I think he would, he seemed to really push the dentmill as opposed to sum3d which cap was proposing to me. both great packages im sure from all the comments, but honestly i have no experience in milling yet so im in for a ride this year. gonna be interesting to say the least. looking forward to chicago next month to hopefully learn more about milling and the products. I am really interested in this knock off e.Max material that glidewell is selling already called Obsedion. You guys know anything about it??

C

CCAD

Reaction score
I used dentmill for 2 years now. Having hard time and fun time with it.
Please PM me or post here if you have any question.

Heather Voss CDT

Heather Voss CDT

Reaction score
We use Delcam for our Willomen and will also use it for the DentMill 5 we just purchased. If you got the package with the PC preloaded with the software it should come to you with the tool paths already optimized and ready to plug and play. I know labs using the mill with great success. Our experience with Delcam has been excellent - Good customer support and availablity.

karabear

karabear

Reaction score
We use Delcam. I am still new to it so I don't know a lot. I think due to the positive press in this forum with Sum3d, it certainly would be easy to get help here, which is a nice perk.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
If your friend likes I can send him my templates to try.

Thanks Brgo could you pm me your email and I will pass it on. I know Powermill is a fantastic bit of software but Dentmill ......... Anyway if you could then that would be great. Thanks Pete

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

Reaction score
I've been using delcam for about 4 years now.Works great in our lab. pm if you have any questions.

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
I used dentcad Delcam before exocad in 2009 .
When I saw the difference I changed immediatly ...
Today I want to sell my Delcam dent cad but nobody wants to buy ...
I think I'll give it to a stranger .....

good luck , I hope it is better now ....

My best memories with Delcam dentcad ....

2.jpg

Capture08.jpg

8.jpg

er.jpg

v.jpg

Last edited:
ayane

ayane

Hero of Time
Reaction score
I am using delcam dentmill software to run three of our machines.

Nice interface, easy to use, easy to train etc. Next release will be even better. Good customer support aswell.

Good luck with the dentalmill 5!

Digitaldentist

Digitaldentist

Reaction score
Were about to start using delcams software with our dental mill 5 axis dry mill. Any thoughts on this software such as is it easy to use? How's the accuracy? Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!!

I'm a rookie to in-house milling and I should be all set up and running in a month and am trying to gain as much knowledge and wisdom before I take off.

You maybe the only lab using Delcam here on DLN, so good luck with that.. Delcam is a great company with years of experience in the Cam business and has good support. Please share your experiences as you learn how to mill..

As you can see, you're not alone!

Actually, our in-house lab in Atlanta uses Delcam DentCAD and DentMILL with our own Neo D4 machine.
There are distinct advantages to many of the CAD software suites, but Exocad, Go2CAM and Delcam are who we've chosen to associate with.

-Rob