Which CAD software should I purchase

L

lkpllc

Reaction score
I am a dentist with an in house lab. We use itero for our scans and up until this point have been waxing/investing/pressing all of our restorations. We are looking to design digitally and send to an outside mill. Then will finish in our office. Which software is best for designing. Looking for a system that can do crowns/veneers/bridges/implant abutments. Whats best?....Dental System (3shape),dental wings, or exocad. Any comments would be appreciated. THANKS!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
the system - the software isn't what's cranking out the restorations. it does not boil down to pressing "go" to build a crown.

you are essentially a small lab with no real "production" requirement; and you are already working from iTero. functionality of 3shape and exocad will be identical for you. nobody in their right minds wants dental wings.

so pick the cheapest option.

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
I prefer Exocad for designing. I've used them all plus Delcam. I feel that it's more user friendly,..but that's just my opinion.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
One more vote for Exo... ( 3shape user here)...

G

grantoz

Reaction score
why don't you ask your technician that's working for you in house to read the threads in DLN and go by what they decide as they would be more qualified to make that decision since they will working with it all the time remember always support your technicians as they make you money and save your a55.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
I vote 3Shape for ease of use, but that's what I learned first. Since you are using iTero, I would check the functionality of both ModelBuilder modules because you will need to have models produce - at least for your multiple unit cases.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I vote 3Shape for ease of use, but that's what I learned first. Since you are using iTero, I would check the functionality of both ModelBuilder modules because you will need to have models produce - at least for your multiple unit cases.

Why not just send the cases to iTero for modeling like the have been?

C

charles007

Reaction score
Easy of use, speed, and nicer anatomy = 3Shape. ( Exocad user here )
3Shape scanner cost more, plus the yearly license fee is double the cost of Exocad.....
Anyone who tells you different doesn't know what there talking about, or sells scanners with Exocad.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Easy of use, speed, and nicer anatomy = 3Shape. ( Exocad user here )
3Shape scanner cost more, plus the yearly license fee is double the cost of Exocad.....
Anyone who tells you different doesn't know what there talking about, or sells scanners with Exocad.

For sake of conversation, if you're an ExoCAD user how do you know 3Shape is easier and faster?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i wouldn't say look to model builder for iTero models; the standard model file is fine for making restorations but because it is cut you have to always call and ask to get the raw scan data, to let model builder make your die.

its a pain in the butt.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Why not just send the cases to iTero for modeling like the have been?
You're right. I'm so used to printing our own models, it slipped my mind that you can have iTero mill them.

Duh....

B

bestlook

Reaction score
I am a dentist with an in house lab. We use itero for our scans and up until this point have been waxing/investing/pressing all of our restorations. We are looking to design digitally and send to an outside mill. Then will finish in our office. Which software is best for designing. Looking for a system that can do crowns/veneers/bridges/implant abutments. Whats best?....Dental System (3shape),dental wings, or exocad. Any comments would be appreciated. THANKS!
any open system that can make stl files 3shape and dental wings are the most famous . if you're interested I have a dental wings 1year and a half old for sale have latest upgrade like new for half the price email me [email protected]

S

Slayfin

Reaction score
:D
I prefer Exocad for designing. I've used them all plus Delcam. I feel that it's more user friendly,..but that's just my opinion.
Exocad is indeed a very easy and friendly-user program, and still has very much to offer, it is a very nice try so much for a new such as for an experienced tech I think, the possibilities are just endless and you easily try and experiment without fear

S

Slayfin

Reaction score
Dear Dr. In my opinion exocad can give you in all these type of jobs very good quality and most of all, flexibility on difficult cases. So exocad by me :D

R

Radu

Reaction score
One Exocad vote here..

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk