What can I do with my kavo Everest System?

Jonas

Jonas

Reaction score

Hi every body.

It's many years that I've a Kavo Everest system, the first one. I passed nights to make it works because Kavo custumare support was "0". The cad cam tecnology is now very change from there.
Please could any body tell me what can I do with my system, what can be my evolution.
Thank you very much.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I sold mine for $5500....LOL

I felt lucky!

go2CAM can open the mill, but crazy money to add that CAM.

You have an extra $25k laying around in sofa cushion?

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score

Hi every body.

It's many years that I've a Kavo Everest system, the first one. I passed nights to make it works because Kavo custumare support was "0". The cad cam tecnology is now very change from there.
Please could any body tell me what can I do with my system, what can be my evolution.
Thank you very much.
Jonas, I still think that the Everest is a great system. We use ours day in day out. It has milled 2 singles, 2 x 3 unit bridges and a 4 unit Titanium bridge today. As well as some Zr work and a few temps. We are using multiCad (ExoCAD) to do all our designs with and it is fantastic, Not yet made the jump to a new cam software but as stated there are a few on the market. Go2cam seem to have a really great bit of software for about 16k sterling. KaVo have brought out Cam2 that looks very nice but again you are locked into there OEM products unless you pay an extra 10k to open it up to any material. Cam2 is also about 10k. WorksNC say they can open it but I have been trying to get hold of them for 4 years, no luck yet Lol. I still think I would go with Hypermill as they are the ones who installed hyperfact all those years ago on the Everest, they are the ONLY ones who will let you mill bars and abutments, the last price they gave me was 12k. Or you could sell it and buy a 30k-60k belt driven 35kg mill that will be dead in 5 years.

IVY

IVY

Reaction score

Hi every body.

Thank you very much.
Hi,
Contact the Kavo Ninja [email protected] He sells Go2dental which will open your Kavo to any material. He can also help you with any hardware issues you may have. His online support is fantastic. Where are you located?

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
Jonas, I still think that the Everest is a great system. We use ours day in day out. It has milled 2 singles, 2 x 3 unit bridges and a 4 unit Titanium bridge today. As well as some Zr work and a few temps. We are using multiCad (ExoCAD) to do all our designs with and it is fantastic, Not yet made the jump to a new cam software but as stated there are a few on the market. Go2cam seem to have a really great bit of software for about 16k sterling. KaVo have brought out Cam2 that looks very nice but again you are locked into there OEM products unless you pay an extra 10k to open it up to any material. Cam2 is also about 10k. WorksNC say they can open it but I have been trying to get hold of them for 4 years, no luck yet Lol. I still think I would go with Hypermill as they are the ones who installed hyperfact all those years ago on the Everest, they are the ONLY ones who will let you mill bars and abutments, the last price they gave me was 12k. Or you could sell it and buy a 30k-60k belt driven 35kg mill that will be dead in 5 years.

I spoke to Kavo about the open part of their cam2. It's open but not really. You still have to use the same size pucks as Kavo makes. You cannot fit a 98mm puck into it. Nor can you choose other thicknesses of pucks.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I made yokes and fixtures for my Kavo...

The statement above is silly.

Of course you can use 98mm disks..??

You can also use thinner disks, just "use the force" when nesting...

Soooo many ways around this issue you think impossible to overcome.

luke_lightsaber_training.jpeg

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
I made yokes and fixtures for my Kavo...

The statement above is silly.

Of course you can use 98mm disks..??

You can also use thinner disks, just "use the force" when nesting...

Soooo many ways around this issue you think impossible to overcome.

luke_lightsaber_training.jpeg

Okay, but I'm pointing out that IN the cam2 software you can not select that you are using a 14mm puck or 12 or 10 etc...

Therefore, it doesn't make sense to me to pay 10 grand and not have this control...

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Thats what I thought Ivy, just looks like a new yoke, and disk holders like Ulrich's
what can I do with my system ?
An aquarium ! :D
How very dare you my French friend, some of us love our little Everest systems. We have been doing what Scott said for years. Get a new yoke made at a engineering shop or have your old one modified to do what you need, get some 1mm rings milled while you're at it to increase the level of your disks up as you need them. A bit of lateral thinking is all you need.

T

tdsa

Reaction score

Hi every body.

Thank you very much.
i run 4 Kavo systems and use go2 dental Ulrich is the only person to buy it off. His after sales support is better than Kavo. I sent my computer to Kavo to be fixed they said i needed a new one Ulrich fixed it and i was back running in 1 week. His Assistant Lara is amazing her Kavo knowledge is second to none she often stays up late as i am in Australia to trouble shoot me. I mill Emax on the system and it makes me money every day. Don't bother with any other software or machine.

T

Taulant Selimi

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to delete milled ips cad blocks? the electrical power went off and now the block is not used but technically the kavo is reading as used.
anyone help

R

Raffi M.

Reaction score
If ever you decide to sell it ... let me know :)

Top Bottom