what about Canada

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
what is the range of salaries for dental tech in Canada? And if a lab owner what's the income?
How much do you need by month as expenses from location to car and usual daily expenses?

[YOUTUBE]hnewjEEUs1c&feature[/YOUTUBE]

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
The problem with a world standard it is usually ideology from the left that looks good on paper but always gets pushed down to the lowest common denominator. Regulations of goods and services are best served in a smaller framework that reflects the reason for them being there. If I have a problem with meeting the local requirements set by the locals I need to do it their way or move on.

E

eethanshire

Reaction score
As some have mentioned, in Alberta, it is mandatory to be a licensed tech in any one of the four disciplines to open a lab but not required to be employed.

The salary range vary greatly....

If you choose to be a registered tech the annual membership fee is $750. That is the cheapest I have ever seen it. Last year it was close to $850. If you fail to renew your license, tack on another $100 for late fees and nice threatening notice to have you arrested for not complying with board regulations (no kidding here). If you are striped of your license, to be re-instated you will need to challenge the exam again as well as take all the mandatory coursed to be recognized as a licensed tech....

All in all, we're royally shafted here in AB... anyone else feeling the same pressures from the college?

Top Bottom