Wax weight to gold amount for casting

A

AL1

Reaction score
Does anyone know the formula for figuring out amount of dwt for casting. The one I have is density times wax weight in grams divided by 1.5 gives amount of gold in dwt.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
1.55g = 1dwt,,,,, thats correct.

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Does anyone know the formula for figuring out amount of dwt for casting. The one I have is density times wax weight in grams divided by 1.5 gives amount of gold in dwt.

this is the formula i like to use: take the weight of your wax-up(s) with sprues (and runner-bar if applicaple) and take that weight in grams. take that number and multiply it by the density/specific gravity of the alloy your using and this will give you the proper amount of alloy to cast (in grams).
i used to do the pennyweight conversion also, but switched over to grams a few years ago.

Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score
Nobil Metal have the conversion table of the weigh of wax to Gold on the back of the Brochure.
But can't find it on their website.

Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score
Nobil Metal have the conversion table of the weigh of wax to Gold on the back of the Brochure.
But can't find it on their website. Is that what you looking for?

T

thewhitelab

Reaction score
This works very well for me
net weight of wax divided by 1.05 x by the density of alloy
leaves hardly any button

A

AL1

Reaction score
I tried this formula, seems to work well. Casting with the proper amount of metal feeds into the other blog of rocking bridges. It eliminates one more variable.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Wax weight in grains X .0647989 X specific gravity devided by 1.5.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Density of the alloy being used X wax weight in Grams. Let's say I'm using Jensen Superior Plus alloy and have waxed a three unit bridge that, with the runner bar, weighs .8 grams.
Density of alloy ( for this exercise, Superior Plus , the density is 11.1) times the .8 grams of wax. 11.1 X .8 = 8.88 dwt of the selected alloy.
Here's the link to the Jensen Dental site and their wax conversion chart.

http://www.jensendental.com/alloy/pdfs/charts/Jensen-Wax-Conversion-Chart-6-22-10.pdf

Wyolab

Wyolab

Reaction score
wax weight in dwt X alloy density = Total alloy vokume