Wax up of the week

J

Jim Bostelle

Reaction score
Being I finished this case today. Thought I would post the final prosthesis to compare the case to the wax up. Most all cases here are characterized with tissue tint
during the processing stage. It is important to have the case waxed to proper thickness, anatomy, etc. to avoid grinding away the tint. If done correctly, only
the peripheral borders is where minimal flash is removed using the Ivocap injection.

View attachment 4267 View attachment 4266
View attachment 4266 View attachment 4267

Thedentureman

Thedentureman

Reaction score
Nice work. Some of the best model work I've ever seen awesome job .

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Nice work Danny,

Still sold on IVOBASE?

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Work you can be really proud of....Merry Christmas and or Happy Holidays...

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
New here, and am taking the CDT test in the beginning of December. These are my waxups ready for process for the practical exam. Constructive criticism is welcome. :)

really nice work...Impeccable actually....just wondering why the high incisal guidances? was it case specific?

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
I have not tried this in yet. I think my midline is close to my mark (at least from my rims). Sometimes I will deliberately move slightly it if my mark is off of the incisive papilla.
I usually let the lingual cusps sit right in the bottom of the fossae, I think there is supposed to be a bit more space between the buccal cusps for the lingualized set up, but to me it doesn't quite look right and I haven't had any issues with cheek biting. Until I do, I will keep the spacing to about 1mm.
The Candulator works well. I like the ergonomics of it. It is a smaller semi adjustable. It is a better articulator than the Stratos 100, comparable to the 200, but the Stratos 300 is hands down the best (of what I have anyhow) I like the leg on top so it doesn't over open. I like the shape of the corner supports so it doesn't require the kickstand like the Stratos. The condyle adjustments and not as ideal, with small knobs and only the condylar angle is adjustable, but once they are set I don't look at them again until the next case. The condyle locks are not as smooth but I am getting used to them. I really like the standard magnetic mounting plates, someday i might get all my Stratos converted. $$$$ There is no facebow, but I bought an adapter kit that allows me to use my transferbow (Ivoclar facebow) and it allows Kavo and a few others also. I think the limited condylar adjustments and lack of facebow are because the Swiss concept that these are made for don't call for those clinical measurements.
I find that the recommended lowers are petty close, at least no different than any other tooth company. This case is a bit retrognathic and that always screws up the overjet and thereby the ideal lower ants. I will see how they look in the mouth. The posteriors may not appear to be in their ideal medial distal position, but these are designed to be tooth to tooth as opposed to the normal tooth to 2 teeth. It's a bit weird at first I admit. I'm not sure why they went this way. They use quite a bit of Gerber's theories which are less conventional.
I can get some eccentric photos after they are past the tryin stage. I don't want to disappoint you with what you see now ;)
I think that when you kept the 7-9 mm incisal distance from the incisive papilla dn retroclined the upper anteriors towards the lower vestibule was very wise and you will be rewarded with a wonderful result. I might have raised the buccal cusps up a bit more. I have been using Candulour preference for the odd caseworks and like how they can be easily modified to crtossbite if need be.....Anyway nice job....Have a good holiday.....Do you folks in Sask have any conventions? Have your met Mr. Zoller in Sask? He was in first year denturist when I was in second year technology long ago.

E

emj

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first time contributing to this forum but I'd like to hear what you all think of some practice wax ups of mine.

http://imgur.com/a/pIIOm

Last edited by a moderator:
Thedentureman

Thedentureman

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first time contributing to this forum but I'd like to hear what you all think of some practice wax ups of mine.

http://imgur.com/a/pIIOm
Nice work. Welcome to the forum. The first step is the balls to post something. Keep critiquing your work and you'll go far.

Last edited:
E

emj

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Any criticism? I need to smooth out the edges of the flanges and my gingival margins are a bit too rolled in the posterior.

A

amish shah

Reaction score
wax up and the finished products are awesome droberts.