Wax up of the week

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You may want to tie a string around the ends for a while...just saying.Stoned

A

aalkilani

Reaction score
This looks great what kind of wax do you use?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
you ever thought of.spruing those denture teeth and pressing them in emax, patients love the feel of ceramic versus a denture tooth
Mill them out of CAD blocks.

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
Rob Teach...

Years ago one of my clients a dentist who was a great ceramist and I made a few cases with hand made porcelain teeth.
Its a super bitch and very inconvenient to replace and repair if they drop their dentures and chip or break a tooth.
After the second time we vowed never to do them again.

Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I feel the same way about layered full arches now a days.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Rob Teach...

Years ago one of my clients a dentist who was a great ceramist and I made a few cases with hand made porcelain teeth.
Its a super bitch and very inconvenient to replace and repair if they drop their dentures and chip or break a tooth.
After the second time we vowed never to do them again.

I should of known its been tried before...However, the 400 MPa of E.max or taking the teeth and scanning them to make full contour zirconia at 1200 MPa should alleviate that problem, no? Just thinking out loud is all.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Mill them in Lava Ultimate if you want to customize them.

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
Believe it or not the number one activity where tooth fractures occur is dropping them in sink while scrubbing/cleaning dentures. Porcelain on porcelain from a foot or better I dont know if mega pascals will prevent impact fracture. Candulor makes some kick azz porcelain teeth and you can get them in a day, makes servicing a repair less aggravating for patient and everyone involved. Just my take

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Believe it or not the number one activity where tooth fractures occur is dropping them in sink while scrubbing/cleaning dentures. Porcelain on porcelain from a foot or better I dont know if mega pascals will prevent impact fracture. Candulor makes some kick azz porcelain teeth and you can get them in a day, makes servicing a repair less aggravating for patient and everyone involved. Just my take
Or right after high shining and drop it while walking to the sink to wash it so it could be delivered to the Dr. Ask me how I know this?!?!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Vita had denture teeth that could be customized with porcelain back in the day, I can remember the invoice on that set :)

Adding any weight to a denture in the maxilla is counter productive in my mind unless they are retained by some means. The shear weight of Zi always astounds me when we finish a fixed hybrid. The nano ceramic/resin stuff out there could be super long lasting but not very cost effective right now but the coolness factor of digital dentures is something to sell I suppose.

Had a rep in here from Heraus pushing their digital stuff and I just smiled and showed her the door. Digital for digital sake does not equate to profits and digital dentures while cool just I can not grasp at this point.