VHF

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Does anybody know why VHF needs 3-4 weeks and longer to repair their mills ? and do you think thats normal and ok ?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
3-4 weeks plus shipping to fix a mill. That is B.S.!

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if it goes all the way back to Germany.
Won't your re-seller supply a loaner while yours is being repaired?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Does anybody know why VHF needs 3-4 weeks and longer to repair their mills ? and do you think thats normal and ok ?

I bet they're understaffed in the repair dept...

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if it goes all the way back to Germany.
Won't your re-seller supply a loaner while yours is being repaired?
He is in Germany, so it shouldn't take that long for shipping. LOL

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Are you implying that there is a backlog of repair work to be done?

Dunno... :confused:that well could be the case...they sold quite a few under various brands...

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Did they provide a loaner mill while yours is being repaired? I could live with three months to repair if they gave me a loaner.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Did they provide a loaner mill while yours is being repaired? I could live with three months to repair if they gave me a loaner.

If your out of warranty your an outlaw but the 3 times during warranty i got a loaner !! and as you know we are sorry !!! but our back up mill is .....................

but ive asked others like Imes or Roland must be done in max 2 weeks no big thing.

Last edited:
Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Are these machines unreliable??

Apparently some are very unreliable. Someone was smiling on me when I got mine- it's been a gem so far, although under light use.

K

KIM

Reaction score
Cannot comment on that...but it seems to have certain issues according of what I read here...
Honestly, we have many hundreds of them in the market here in the U.S. & Canada and once we got over the conductivity issue about 2 years ago, it's been very smooth sailing with the Preciso M200 (VHF K4 Mill). We rarely have mills back for service and when we do we provide the option of a loaner. They are very robust little mills to say the least. Would anyone like to see a video of one topless? I will try to upload if you would!

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
We generally turn Roland repairs and service around in about three day, not including shipping.
Once in a while it gets busy and may take a little longer. We are currently building a new repair facility where we will be able to work on five mills at a time. This should bring most repairs to one or two days.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
We generally turn Roland repairs and service around in about three day, not including shipping.
Once in a while it gets busy and may take a little longer. We are currently building a new repair facility where we will be able to work on five mills at a time. This should bring most repairs to one or two days.
Awesome!!! I can't wait to see the new repair facility, you guys are always bulging at the seams it seems ;)

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Yes, should be complete in about a month.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Hey Bob,
How about some comparisons between the two regarding servo or stepper motors, tool capacity, etc.?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Honestly, we have many hundreds of them in the market here in the U.S. & Canada and once we got over the conductivity issue about 2 years ago, it's been very smooth sailing with the Preciso M200 (VHF K4 Mill). We rarely have mills back for service and when we do we provide the option of a loaner. They are very robust little mills to say the least. Would anyone like to see a video of one topless? I will try to upload if you would!
I'd love to see a topless video....of this machine.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I got a Roland tech in town
I'd love to see a topless video....of this machine.

The robot prolly has one or two already in his private collection...:D:D:D

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
Ivoclar had a service tech to my friends lab who has a Select Hybrid in 1 week. While my friends mill was down, WPT milled all of his e.max and zirconia at no charge. No invoice, do you hear that you other milling centers on DLN? I think this is real backup, not lip service IMO. Other milling centers charge a minimum of $12 for unsintered zirconia a and who knows about e.max.