VHF E5 and E4

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Any reviews on VHF's E5 and E4 compressor-less mills yet?

D

DIMADEL

Reaction score
No reviews yet, but I think are Chinese made , anyways they are very reliable machines…..

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
The VHF site claims that the E5 and E4 are manufactered in Germany.
VHF website:
Developed and manufactured in Germany, the Vhf E5 is made from uncompromisingly high-quality industrial components despite its low weight of only 43 kg.

D

DIMADEL

Reaction score
With vhf you never would be disappointed …., just I am very curious, about why the price is lower than k5+ and the weight is lower too.

Yourgoes

Yourgoes

Reaction score
No air compressor. Tool cooling is managed by a propeller on the tool ring which spins as fast as the tool to provide downdraft and cool the tool. Will take the third party toolmakers a while to copy that design, so they'll probably make their money back in tooling.

Not sure I agree with the 'you will never be disappointed in VHF' it entirely depends what you want to do with them. Some applications will certainly disappoint you, otherwise milling centres would never waste their money on bigger machines.

I

Ivan98

Reaction score
I'm planning on buying E5. Are there any new reviews?

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
I’ve been using one (e5) for a month and a half so I can’t give you long term expectation (nobody can since they’re so new)
I generally don’t buy first model years especially when they’re using new technology, however, I needed a small footprint. So far I’m very happy - it works as they claim, and the cam 8 software is easy to use.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
No reviews yet, but I think are Chinese made , anyways they are very reliable machines…..
Not sure why you thought they were made in China, they've always been made in Germany.

e4.jpg

D

DIMADEL

Reaction score
IMG_7628.png

Attachments

• IMG_7627.png
    IMG_7627.png
    496.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7630.jpeg
    IMG_7630.jpeg
    72 KB · Views: 25
tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
These don't not look anything like E5 or E4

D

DIMADEL

Reaction score
They are k5 handle by Aidite and they have the e5 model too

D

DIMADEL

Reaction score
The point is I THINK that a lot components or probably all machine in E5 model has a chines parts.

D

DIMADEL

Reaction score
Any ways, those are very reliable machines, I have 2 of them.

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
Not sure I agree with the 'you will never be disappointed in VHF' it entirely depends what you want to do with them. Some applications will certainly disappoint you, otherwise milling centres would never waste their money on bigger machines.
Yeah, we had a horrible experience with VHF, we got a lemon machine and their support was incredibly patronizing and immediately blamed it on us and did very little to resolve our issues or really dig into it. VHF themselves were awful to work with compared to guys like Roland, who actually work with you on stuff, do outreach online, etc.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Yeah, we had a horrible experience with VHF, we got a lemon machine and their support was incredibly patronizing and immediately blamed it on us and did very little to resolve our issues or really dig into it. VHF themselves were awful to work with compared to guys like Roland, who actually work with you on stuff, do outreach online, etc.
That's why I got my VHF K5 from Ivoclar, along with the Programill software. Very happy with it, and their support :)

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
That's why I got my VHF K5 from Ivoclar, along with the Programill software. Very happy with it, and their support :)
We got ours through Argen, and the VHF-Argen relationship was extremely fresh, we ended up being an early 'problem case' for Argen to navigate with VHF. Needless to say, Argen seemed very frustrated as well, the manufacturer just didn't have the time of day for either party and took days to reply to either party's inquiries.

Dylakr

Dylakr

Reaction score
We've had Our E5 since Aug, used only for dentures so far and we have had a very positive experience. Its our first mill so I don't have much to compare it to but we liked the idea that we didn't have to buy an expensive compressor and the price was right. Apparently the ivoclar oversize milling strategy for dentures will be coming to this mill at some point, looking forward to that.