TrueDef IOS

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
First I've seen of it. Looks amazingly sleek.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I wonder if its going to be set up on the COS software or an entirely new beast.

Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

HMFIC
Reaction score
Not sure but this was part of the email. Im watching all this closely as the first of the year Lava Ultimate can be billed as a final crown, along with this looks like they are gearing up for a chairside push. Im going to need a mill if thats the case to supply same day restorations for locals that will buy/lease scanner but dont want to mill.

What does this mean for current Lava C.O.S. cases?
Business as usual. Doctors will continue to use their Lava COS systems and you will be able to mark margins and receive files the same way you always have. We have successfully processed hundreds of thousands of clinical cases and we will continue to process cases for the Lava C.O.S.

We remain committed to advancing this technology and bringing this exciting new system and platform to the dental industry. We look forward to sharing additional information with you in a few weeks.

For more information on the system, please visit True Definition Scanner: 3M ESPE Dental Products US. If you have any questions, please contact 3M Customer Care at 1-800-634-2249.

Sincerely,

Chad Naughton
US Chairside Marketing Manager, 3M ESPE

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
I wonder if its going to be set up on the COS software or an entirely new beast.

I saw a video of the software and it looked the same. I'm guessing a new form and price point. popcorn

Last edited:
ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score

COS Software will do, will probably need update, plus you can import stl for in house model fab, or the intec mods will still be available.

T

Tom Love

Reaction score
Met with my 3M reps yesterday and they are going to be launching this at the ADA meeting in San Fransisco this month. Same technology as the COS just a new slimmer look and one hand ease of use for the provider. 3M is claiming this is open architecture and the file can be used in multiple output forms to include milling or printing of models from multiple sources. They are claiming this will be the pricepoint that tips the scales for dentists to get into this technology. I have a wait and see approach to see what that pricepoint will be. Regarding the question that will come up for sure. What about the current users of COS?? They are saying there will be some sort of offer to the current users to upgrade. More news to come soon!!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I sure hope its an easy transition for my guys that already have COS, and for me as well.

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
I was chatting up some of the 3M people a few weeks back, I think the big rumor (that no one is denying so far) is the price point being around $15k. I think this will be one of the first entries into a price war on IOS scanners, and will certainly help to get the software into the marketplace. We shall see!

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Generous trade-in program for current COS owners. (I think 1/2 off? 99% sure about that.)

They sounded excited on the phone? Don't really know why?

Scott

REJ

REJ

Reaction score
They were in my lab while I was in Europe, they demoed it so from what my colleagues say, it is small, same software visually though post processing changes could be likely, open stl but not sure when the access happens. I'd love to spill my real opinions and knowledge on the topic but since I was developing it before I left I might get me sued. I'm interested to see the final product will definitely be lower cost.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I have a COS scanner with Three scans on it.

It is Two years old. Caused me to loose relationship with my brother and Dad.

Quit working for Docs after that fun experience.

We use it as push-toy for kids to ride on now.

Can't wait for the new model!

R

Rick Sonntag

Reaction score
I had a chance to see this unit in action and I have to say I was very impressed. The scanner unit is only slightly larger than a curing light which solves one big complaint of heard from dentists about these devices and the touchscreen and software appear very user-friendly as well. Hopefully 3M (and the other scanner manufacturers, especially you 3Shape) can learn something from Gillette and ink-jet printer industry; price the unit barely above cost and generate revenue from consumables and in this case, scans. If they come in under that $15k mark, things will get very interesting in this business, even more so if someone comes out with a Tri-Luxe type block in high-strength composite.

Rick

Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

HMFIC
Reaction score
Here is the latest Email I just got from 3M laying out the $$ for this new system:

Dear Dental Lab Owner,
As a lab owner, you are frequently contacted by dentists inquiring about the latest CAD/CAM systems. As such, we are pleased to share more details about the launch of the 3M™ True Definition Scanner.

Lava C.O.S. Owner Exclusive Upgrade Offer
Current Lava C.O.S. owners will receive an attractive upgrade to the True Definition scanner for a system price of $6,495, nearly 50% off retail price. For all others, the True Definition scanner will enter the US marketplace at the unprecedented recommended retail price of $11,995.

True Definition Scanner Data Plan Options
True Definition scanner owners will have the following data plan options:

Standard: $199/month – includes unlimited crown and bridge restorations

Advanced: $329/month – includes unlimited crown and bridge restorations, plus a 50% discount on the purchase of one additional wand and open STL file access.

Purchasing True Definition
Doctors interested in upgrading or purchasing the True Definition scanner can contact Customer Care at 1-800-634-2249 option #3.

What does this mean for my current Lava C.O.S. customers?
Your Lava C.O.S. customers can continue to send their Lava COS cases to your lab. 3M has successfully processed hundreds of thousands of clinical cases and we will continue to process cases for our Lava C.O.S. customers.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
So does this mean if a guy wants it open the only way is to buy the more expensive plan?

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
It works out at about the same cost as the Trios yearly licence so theyre not crazy prices for the unlocked option. Are these new ones actually better scanners or just smaller?

Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

HMFIC
Reaction score
So does this mean if a guy wants it open the only way is to buy the more expensive plan?

Good question as I first read it I thought that meant "additional wand and stl access" like the first wand already included for its output...so I dont know now...

hammerhead

hammerhead

Reaction score
At present we are doing same day Lava Ultimate crowns through the COS.

Problem has been lag in system,(ie margin marking and submiting)

Now its the cloud so should be immediate. Cant wait for this BBBBBig door to open