Tis The Season:Most Outrageous Excuse

stonefly

stonefly

Reaction score
Please post the most stupid, ridiculous, rude excuses the front desk has given to get a case done before the holidays.If this gets good it would be nice to publish it in a few trade journals.Scrooge thanks you.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
I had one nurse tell me that it had to be done in 3 days because the patient was going overseas for xmas. the problem was the patient was my cousin and they weren't going anywhere I new this as they were living 2 streets away they were coming to my house for xmas. So I said to the nurse you do realise this patient is my cousin etc.Her response was to say that this was another patient with the same name I laughed a lot because they had sent photos already of my cousin and I had already taken photos myself this crazy nurse just would not admit defeat until the dr stepped in and told her to let it go. I got a great bottle of scotch that year.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Let the Excuses begin. But at a 72hour turn around rate of $95.00 per unit or a 48hour turn around $125.00 per unit. Any excuse will do, then the best is when we tell them $250.00 for a 24hour turn around per unit and they say yes, that's fine. 6 unit anterior ZR case get the model, rush it through the model dept. scan design and cut it with a facial cutback on all 6 units, slap some porcelain on the facial and have it out by 3pm the nest day 189.00 per unit plus 250.00 rush fee per unit $2634.00 total for a 24hour turn around, the pt can lie and say they are leaving the country for all I care.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I had one nurse tell me that it had to be done in 3 days because the patient was going overseas for xmas. the problem was the patient was my cousin and they weren't going anywhere I new this as they were living 2 streets away they were coming to my house for xmas. So I said to the nurse you do realise this patient is my cousin etc.Her response was to say that this was another patient with the same name I laughed a lot because they had sent photos already of my cousin and I had already taken photos myself this crazy nurse just would not admit defeat until the dr stepped in and told her to let it go. I got a great bottle of scotch that year.

Maybe she was trying to charge the PT more just to simply profit due to the holiday season................................... that would suck but it has and can happen. It like a girl going to the mechanic all by herself and getting charged more just cause she is a girl and has no clue.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I like when they say the patient is leaving the country. Then you meet the patient and learn they are going to be gone for a whole week. Or when you rush a case in 3 or 4 days and the patient cancels. I have some cases that have been in the lab for a month. But the patient is scheduled a month and a week out. So other cases move ahead in production. Then the office staff moves up the apt and asks me, Can you have this done for tomorrow? I say no and get the, but you've had it for a month, line. The first time I said no to a rush case, the office manager replied, twice, "So your telling me no?" I explained how busy we were and she replied that I should just take a deep breath, do one thing at a time, and also, that she, "Believed in me." lmao. I tried to explain the production value in a dental lab to her and how if we did things one at a time, they would never get done. She disliked me for a while after that, but a few weeks later, I had my 4 wisdom teeth extracted down the hall and was drugged up on propafol and cat tranquilizer, and gave her a visit. I talked her ear off for a bit and shes liked me ever since. hahah

G

Gabriel

Reaction score
"The patient is leaving the country, or they have a plane ticket in a few days" is the most common excuse. I tried many times to explain, just like Marcus, what it takes for the case to be done from start to finish and each time I could feel they were so bored with my explanations... They don't care why you can't do it as fast as they would like. They just want it done instantly. What irritates me is that they treat these things like we work in a store and we just have to reach on the shelf and give them the finished case.
I think all this comes first of all from money thirst, they want the money now, not next week, and second, they don't respect the work that we do. Probably because they feel they are superior having studied a few years more than the techs.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
It's not about you.

F

FillMeIn

Reaction score
'Getting married in three days' is a classic of my clients over the years.. I'm sure the dress and flowers were sorted a year ago but they'll leave three days for there teeth to be fixed!!?....

G

grantoz

Reaction score
I do work for a large surgery in a small town every patient is going overseas or is getting married I just laugh and ask is there anyone left in town as they are all overseas or on honeymoon.The nurse always tries to defend the bull$hit she is telling me.They think we are goldfish with a 5 minute memory what was I talking about?

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I never understood that we are asked to RUSH cases for friends and family. If it were my case, I would explain, please take your sweet sweet time, take all the time you need, so in the end it is absolutely perfect.
Instead, friends and family get rushed and things get missed...

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I do not know about you guys, but in my area almost all rush cases the patient is going to Floooorida!

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I've had rush cases for soldiers deploying, I'm happy to do those.
I did a 48 hour turnaround case for a guy who was a ship captain and was only around for a few days.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
going to war is a little different we bend over backwards for those guys funny they never bull$hit.I bet some dumb nurse will try that for an excuse if she reads this and if she can read.

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
I'm dying and I want to look good for my funeral.
Strangely, this can happen. I've had a couple of cases in recent years who know they're terminal, yet want to get ready for their trip to the 'other side' with full restoration. One old lady wished to spend tons of money on herself before the husband could spend it; went for everything - clothes , hair, teeth, holidays etc...... :)

jackjabbour

jackjabbour

Reaction score
at least they are nice enough to give you a reason….mine don't tell me anything other than when they want it!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Rush cases are part of our trade, how you handle them is the problem most labs have.

The old saying "this is a really good client and they don't ask for much so lets accommodate them" is an excuse we all have muttered over the years. This is a fear based emotion and really needs to be controlled. I like the 3 terirs of service that Seven posted I wish I was stronger on this. If you condition them early there is no hard feelings when they ask.

What I hate is the garbage crappy treatment partials the always come in before the holiday, I just hate last minute crappy provisionals that rarely turn into definitive restoration especially when they are around the holidays.

I got a crown in today with a note that said Dr is leaving to europe please finish for a Monday delivery. I laughed since I have not seen a crown from this guy in at least 30 days. Guess his other lab said F you, I quoted a number and he said yes so its a win win. Plus the dude like all my accounts are on direct credit card debit so life's good.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
John,
How much do you charge for a rush case percentage wise for a case/ unit /crown fee?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
John,
How much do you charge for a rush case percentage wise for a case/ unit /crown fee?

I wish I could say I was as structured as Sevan or some other multi tier rush crown service but unfortunately I am an old softie for clients that do not take advantage of me. This guy was one of those accounts I could take or leave as there is no loyalty I charged him $375 (about 65% increase) for a simple facial cutback straight shade ant 2 day unit.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Got you all beat. Did a lower arch in 4 days due to a crooked accountant going away for awhile;) wanted it finished before he started his prison sentence lol

Top Bottom