tibase to zirconia implant fees.

Dorota

Dorota

Reaction score
This is my first post so this topic might have come up earlier but I couldn't find the answer. I just finished my first screw retained hybrid ti-base to full contour zirconia crown case and have no idea what to charge the dentist. I only had to order the ti base and pay for milling zirconia but scanned, designed and finished it on my own. Are there any rules on how to come up with the fees? I always had a difficult time trying to figure it out. I am thinking of charging him my regular price for full contour zirconia crown + soft tissue +Ti base fee ( should I mark up the price?) and a little extra for labor. Not sure how much. I appreciate your advice! Thanks.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
If you buy something and don't mark it up, you are losing money.
Not a great strategy.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Do you have a fee for a custom zirconia abutment with a Ti insert?
A fee for a full zirconia crown?
My price would be close to the two added together.

P

PJR

Reaction score
Implant crown fee +
Implant parts+
Implant labor+
Tissue

Dorota

Dorota

Reaction score
Do you have a fee for a custom zirconia abutment with a Ti insert?
A fee for a full zirconia crown?
My price would be close to the two added together.
I have a custom made titanium abutment fee.
Is labor fee calculated per hour usually?
Does 20% markup sound fair?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
How do you price your other work :)

Dorota

Dorota

Reaction score
How do you price your other work :)
I knew a few labs I worked with so I had an idea, also I checked an average pricing on LMT magazine for guidance but I would like to know how these fees are created and follow some kind of rule rather than just make up a fee.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Indirect/Direct labor/materials+ desired profit margin=Price

Just because you know what the guy down the street sells something for is not enough AND it is probably the worst way to price your restorations.

Having a business plan and a firm understanding of what it takes to run a PROFITABLE business is way more of an asset than the ability to shade a perfect A2 crown.

I suggest reading a few books on manufacturing and to get a firm understanding and form a business plan and or learn what one is used for.

Here is a very generic sample plan you can read and get the start on understanding what it takes to write one specific to your lab.

http://www.bplans.com/dental_laboratories_business_plan/executive_summary_fc.php

We all started somewhere, many of us fell on our face often but what makes some more successful is learning from those errors and asking more questions.

Good luck to you

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Here's a true and tried formula you could try...:D

mrsq2x.png

Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I charge $79 per abutment regardless of the amount of teeth being replaced.

G

GeneNY

Reaction score
double the price of your base metal pfm + tissue model + 30-50% mark up on Implant parts

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
We charge labs 139.00 for Tibase zr abutment I charge my docs near 300.00 doesn't include soft tissue and other needed parts.

Typical implant case:
Analog 29.00
Soft tissue 59.00
Cust abutment: (nobel, straumann) $50.00 more
Ti 295.00 Brand specific
ZR 325.00
Implant crown:
Post 139.00 zr
Anterior 210.00 zr

all purchased part on my end auto +30% increase overall cost ramps up real quick.

cust screw retained crown near 525.00 just for the crown no including tissue and analog if needed.

Top Bottom