Ti abutment rotation problem

hagdent

hagdent

Reaction score
I designed my first Ti abutment in Exocad, I've only done hybrids up til now. On my screen the rotation is correct but the abutment came from the milling center with the Nobel Replace tri-lobes reversed. They told me that I must have set it up as a hybrid when I scanned it and then changed it when I designed it and I needed to start all over.

It was set up as a reduced crown/ NP metal/ Implant type: custom abutment/ Abutment material: NP metal. NT Trading scan body. It came back the right platform and size, just the wrong rotation. Again, on my screen the rotation is correct. Did I do something wrong or did the milling center?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
If you set the job as custom abutment NP material, that is the setting for solid Ti or CrCo abutments. Set it as Zr in the job order. When you design the bottoms you will notice
the Ti base in the software and the rotation lock on the base.

hagdent

hagdent

Reaction score
The bottom shows as a tri-lobe, not as the Ti base with a rotation lock (which I have seen many times since I've designed a bunch of them).

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
The bottom shows as a tri-lobe, not as the Ti base with a rotation lock (which I have seen many times since I've designed a bunch of them).
Sorry just reread your post, been here since 3am.
Seems something is amiss. I'm assuming you have downloaded the NT Trading library. Are you using the 3D Guide scan bodies?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
editor.jpg editor2.jpg

This is Exocad Implant Editor. If you notice both of the NT Trading scan bodies have 'for usage with titanium base'. Your only option is Ti base hybrids with the stock exocad nt trading library.

hagdent

hagdent

Reaction score
I installed the Nt Trading 1 piece abutment library after checking with the milling center about what I needed. They were connected to my computer through Teamviewer to approve which library components I needed to design 1 piece abutments. I'm pretty sure that I designed it correctly.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I installed the Nt Trading 1 piece abutment library after checking with the milling center about what I needed. They were connected to my computer through Teamviewer to approve which library components I needed to design 1 piece abutments. I'm pretty sure that I designed it correctly.

If you want to send a Dropbox link or something similar. I can open it with the editor and take a look.

hagdent

hagdent

Reaction score
I downloaded the library from Exocad's webpage.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I sent you a private message.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Sorry my net service just went down. I have to restart my server. I'll look at that configuration file as soon as I'm back online.

Private message should be upper top right. If not post two more messages,

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
was it milled at Nobel?
we were having rotational problems a while back.
we were told it was our scanner... but I don't thing so... just got the feeling the problem was at Nobel

hagdent

hagdent

Reaction score
Other than 2thm8ker, there hasn't been much action on this thread. Is that because it's saturday?

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Other than 2thm8ker, there hasn't been much action on this thread. Is that because it's saturday?

Does the mill center work with nt preforms ill think their is an orientation problem maybe they need the hybrid step ( nodge at the adhesive base ) for that. Btw. scanmarker and interface and preform is an orientation , what you see on the screen could be wrong because of the wrong orientation of the parts if the basic orientation btw scanmarker and interface is wrong in the software for example. I am not sure how it is with trilobes most of the other parts are symmetric so it doesent matter how you place them in the mill with a trilobe their must be for example the single lobe on the upside and the two lobes down if you change that in the mill its wrong but this is only a guess. Or you work with nt scanbody they work with any other preform . You can see the basic orientation in the pic above from 2thm8ker this can be changed from everyone with the editor so maybe exo has a mistake inside dont know that nt has seen and changed in their library. I had a problem in the past with camlog with two databases from different resellers with the height orientation.

Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score

Most of the techs on here only work 3-4 days a week. :rolleyes:

It's slow because of weekend and end of year rush.

slr

slr

Reaction score
The issue you're having is due to the nt-trading library itself, in your exocad platform. However, it is no fault of exocad and does not matter if it's marked as np metal or zirconia.
(So changing it isn't going to correct the issue.)
Nt-trading has released more than one version of their implant libraries. It sounds like you have the library that has rotation issues. Let me guess, it's rotated approximately 30 degrees? We had run into that same issue before and had to correct the libraries on our own, which is no easy caveat let me tell you!
The only other way to correct this would be to set the milling strategy in the CAM program 30 degrees off, in order to compensate the difference, but I wouldn't advise this because the units being milled from a correct library will also be affected.
Good luck!

~Shanda

"

Doug4DAL

Doug4DAL

Reaction score
NT trading issue. I suspect translation problem. Exo will ask you to index it on the short flat side in the cad wizard , index it by placing your point on the long flat side of you scan body. Instant 180 degree correction. You can also make a notation on you implant design , a dot of build up or line , make a note and your milling center can change the cam to adjust for the orientation. Line the mark to one of the lobes.

Top Bottom