Thoughts on initial proposal placement

user name

user name

Reaction score
Hey guys...I noticed something and want your thoughts.

Im using Exocad, and the initial proposal placements are much better than I used to get with 3Shape; Not a big deal one way or another because manipulation is quick, but Ive noticed something...

When I get scans in from iTero, even though I still set contact points, the placement/initial adaptation is better. I haven't tried scanning a solid model and meshing a separate trimmed die yet, but theres my question-

Does the surrounding tissue (that we normally trim away) play any role in the CAD initial placement, or am I just imagining it seems better because of the visual of having the untrimmed gingiva still in tact?

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
It could be a visual thing since the tissue is intact..

user name

user name

Reaction score
It could be a visual thing since the tissue is intact..
That's kind of what I was thinking, but I like it. Are you typically scanning a trimmed die or do you scan solid and ditch a separate die?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
It may be the axis that the iTero meshes are set at as well.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I don't understand..
First step in exocad, you set the axis.
All I'm saying is it may be due to the way iTero export sets the mesh (scan data) axis in 3d universe

user name

user name

Reaction score
Got it. Thanks

corona

corona

Reaction score
oh , ill be so happy one day when i can follow these kinds of conversations without saying " what the hell are they talking about ?" and actually have input . lol