The Limits of Value Ingots

user name

user name

Reaction score
My Question: Im redoing 8&9. Originally they were done in '09 with e.max. The shade originally was an A-1;pressed in LT with a thin enamel overlay on the incisal 1/3. The stump is ND-4. The old crowns have darkened alot. They are a value similar to a dead C-range. They also have a blackish residue inside. The Doctor said he didnt use any cord on the seat appt., and used RelyX.

Im wondering what could have caused the darkening and the 'black mold' looking stuff, and my second question is I have over 1mm labial room..do you think I could be safe using a V-1 ingot? I think its a better match than the LT A-1 for a core. 1mm on a ND-4?

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
Probrably some contamination while bonding, or poor bonding with marginal leakage.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
If you end up using a value ingot, you may want to raise the value by using a V3 or V2, to compensate for the ND4 stump. You can always tone them down if needed. The e.max guide calls for an LTBL2, so using a value ingot, it may be difficult for you to get a true A1 shade.

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
LTA1 is too low in value......we use BL4 for those shades.

sounds like some mold growing under the crown...... RelyX is not descriptive enough ..... must employ proper bonding agent application and luting protocol with snug marginal seal.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
Make your life easy, use an MO1 core and just layer em.

Thats what id use.

user name

user name

Reaction score
RelyX™ Unicem Self-Adhesive Universal Resin Cement was used.

It looked like black mold in the crowns...not just from the margins but all over. I was wondering if it could have been a reaction from something?

As I think my way into these, I might use the MO route.

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
Oliver Brix Textbook.jpg Oliver Brix Textbook.jpg

This is from Oliver Brix's NEW book......Believe it!!
Oliver Brix Textbook.jpg

P

paulg100

Reaction score
you beat me to it Russ, still waiting for my copy to arrive.. whats the verdict? hopefully not just a pretty pictures book, based on Oliver's other work i doubt thats the case.

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
you beat me to it Russ, still waiting for my copy to arrive.. whats the verdict? hopefully not just a pretty pictures book, based on Oliver's other work i doubt thats the case.

Paul,

This is his best one!! Many things more then what we were taught in his course! You will like it!
Russ

P

paulg100

Reaction score
great! thanks Russ

Hard to believe a book can get much better than "fundamentals of aesthetics" as a learning resource so really looking forward to getting it now.

Top Bottom