Teeth in an hour ?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Good luck trying to dry-mill that and make a profit.

You'd need open CAM and to add an Alchohol/water/lube misting system onto your mill. I did that. Then you can rip through the material probably 4x faster feed-rate and tools last much much longer.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Good luck trying to dry-mill that and make a profit.

You'd need open CAM and to add an Alchohol/water/lube misting system onto your mill. I did that. Then you can rip through the material probably 4x faster feed-rate and tools last much much longer.

I found it to be quite dusty when I gound it so I can see what you mean.I used carbides and universal polishers.

When it's ground in a Cerec mill or E4D, I assume water is used?

CB93

CB93

Reaction score
I found it to be quite dusty when I gound it so I can see what you mean.I used carbides and universal polishers.

Water and oil with the Cerec. Mills times close to emax, 10 minutes
This product mills much nicer than the porcelain blocks. No chipping at the margins. I milled a veneer and the segment of the block that remained after milling measured 0.2mm in thickness while maintaining the 14x14mm area.
I was impressed.

IVY

IVY

Reaction score

Ya water and oil, they mill very nicely from a 3shape scan. I bought the dongle to send files from my 3shape to the mcxl. My mills are great now, the cerec scanner was the cause of the crappy mills. The lava ultimate is really nice stuff I've done a bunch of veneers and crowns and the dentists really like it. Hand polish in about 3 minutes.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
This product mills much nicer than the porcelain blocks. No chipping at the margins. I milled a veneer and the segment of the block that remained after milling measured 0.2mm in thickness while maintaining the 14x14mm area.
I was impressed.

What has the feedback from your drs been like?

CB93

CB93

Reaction score
What has the feedback from your drs been like?

I don't send work out. I have a dental office and make most of my restorations.

I haven't used the Lava blocks much yet. I don't want to be the first one on the band wagon. The veneer was for a temp.

I am a little skeptical about how the polish is going to hold up over time. The resins I've seen in the past didn't do so well long term.

I hope this material works out. No oven time is a big time saver chairside.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
By definition, "composites" are a material that combine different substances into a new one, capitalizing on the benefits of each constituent. There has been a lot of talk here about the RIC materials and other nano-compostes that feature a number of fillers, intertwined into a resin matrix.

We can have a material with all the strength and translucency of a ceramic, with a greater modulous of elasticity, better wear characteristics, better bond to the ttoth, and a host of other accolades, not to mention no sintering etc...

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The big difference I see with this material in comparison to the past generations of composites is the delivery sytem .What I mean by this is that past composites required viscosity to deliver the material.Primarily low viscosity composites are used for direct applications where as high viscous composites like Sculpture were designed for indirect restorations.
Therefore direct composites have less filler/ceramic and more resin whereas indirect composites have more filler/ ceramic.

CB93 makes a good point regarding polishability .Will this material which is milled not extruded maintain it's shine over time ?

I remain cautiously optomistic.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
CB93 makes a good point regarding polishability .Will this material which is milled not extruded maintain it's shine over time ?

I remain cautiously optomistic.

Caution isn't necessary. The milled materials have a hardness that will take and maintain surface luster very similar to ceramics. I have a smaple of a material on my desk that rings like a bell when you tap it with an instrument. Smooth as glass.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Caution isn't necessary. The milled materials have a hardness that will take and maintain surface luster very similar to ceramics. I have a smaple of a material on my desk that rings like a bell when you tap it with an instrument. Smooth as glass.

Ok then , damn the torpedos!

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
We can have a material with all the strength and translucency of a ceramic, with a greater modulous of elasticity, better wear characteristics, better bond to the ttoth, and a host of other accolades, not to mention no sintering etc...

This is what will make this material massive, implants have no periodontal ligament, thus no natural shock absorber, man made shocks for implants is here.;)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I was impressed.

Is milling with oil not a risk to bonding success?

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
So...who's going to set up their everest for them? i know you could do like the emax but getting cerec like clamps made on a yoke would be awesome. maybe fit 8 - 10 across the width or even 1 bar down the middle with 8 either side.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
So...who's going to set up their everest for them? i know you could do like the emax but getting cerec like clamps made on a yoke would be awesome. maybe fit 8 - 10 across the width or even 1 bar down the middle with 8 either side.

We have a 10 yoke/holder so why not just run with that for now. Ask Scott I bet he could turn it into a 20 unit holder no problem. Lol

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
smaple smyrup is tasty on smancakes :)

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score

Mine's ready for it.

I have a modified Lava mill on stand-by as well with cooling system.

Just waiting for the demand to build up.

I'm not helping to sell this product one bit, unless I get in on the action.

Still waiting...

Take door off Kavo...Load as you mill! Non-stop milling can be done.

Rows of material. Anyone can do this with a Dremel and open CAM.

OSHA would love it!

Last edited:
Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
What do the material costs per unit look like?

3DLPrint

Reaction score

I'd rather have Gold /Platinum that will be left after I'm gone and be able to identify me. I want to blind the person in front of me with a shining bright smile full of gold and platinum when I smile after 20-30 years.LOL
ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_uptodate153.jpg ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_uptodate154.jpg

Top Bottom