Surgical Guide fee

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
Hi all,
what do you charge for a surgical guide? Do you charge extra for additional teeth and a different fee for a barium guide instead of a clear one?

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
Dont use barium guides. If you use the right software all you need is an stl file of the model and create the guide based off the model. We setup our guides as 1-3 implant one fee and 4 and more implants.

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
I didn't need to know how to do it, but what you charge. BTW Not every one is using CAD/CAM to do the work.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
I didn't need to know how to do it, but what you charge. BTW Not every one is using CAD/CAM to do the work.
guides go from 50-140 I use whatever the DDS asks they are paying, from Ivoclar TAC teeth to drill pressing the guide holes and putting Obtura in the parallel holes. I have one surgeon who wants SS 2.2mm internal tubes (spinal tap needle stock) processed as guides that wont't contaminate the wound site with acrylic or Aluminium chips.
Like yourself I can only dream of CAD Cam with my financial ability, or the return if I did try to purchase a mill.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
We charge $30 to mill a Clear PMMA guide.

You don't need no stinking model.

Only a CT scan.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
I'm an old tech no scanner no mill, just hand artistry, articulator, plaster, wax and how do you mill barium tooth forms? denture flask, hydrocoloid and pressure vessel, & astron injection system. I've been making implant stents since the early 80's for Brånemark implants. So Scott what were you dong in 1982?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm an old tech no scanner no mill, just hand artistry, articulator, plaster, wax and how do you mill barium tooth forms? denture flask, hydrocoloid and pressure vessel, & astron injection system. I've been making implant stents since the early 80's for Brånemark implants. So Scott what were you dong in 1982?

...and who said dinosaurs aren't handsome?

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
We charge $30 to mill a Clear PMMA guide.

You don't need no stinking model.

Only a CT scan.

What software are you using a Scott? sounds like fun.

J

joegarciaar

Reaction score
Hello Scott!

What software are you using a Scott? sounds like fun

Can you tell me?