Stumph shade peg putty

A

AL1

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the quick match peg putty stumph shades? I think its kind of pricey at $240 a kit.

Hankins Laboratory

Hankins Laboratory

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the quick match peg putty stumph shades? I think its kind of pricey at $240 a kit.
Did you ever get any additional information?

Hankins Laboratory

Hankins Laboratory

Reaction score
Cer-A-Fix is a patent pending, high-heat resistant refractory material used for custom ceramic firing stabilizing. The material can be easily shaped and used with any type of porcelain. Available for a variety of uses in the laboratory, the material is stable up to 1300°C (2375°F),eliminates firing distortion and contamination. Cer-A-Fix (trademarked) fills the inside of e.Max Blue Block for crystallization and staining crowns for extra stabilization during ceramic firing cycles. Cer-A-Fix Putty can be used with other materials such as Celtra Duo, Pressed e.Max, any other pressed material or ceramics on the market. Compared to Object Fix by Ivoclar, Cer-A-Fix Putty is superior in its one year shelf life, has 2 cc's more per syringe, is less expensive and comes in all Stump Guide Shades. The colored material is fireable unlike Ivoclar's composite stump material. No need to make a composite stump guide that takes ten minutes, simply insert Cer-A-Fix to check color of restoration, stain if needed and fire. You can buy the shade kit in a 10 pack or just buy the bleach shade, or any shade for that matter, individually for $22.50.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
If it takes 10 minutes to make a composite ND shade. You have to revisit your technique. 2 mins. Tops.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
If it takes 10 minutes to make a composite ND shade. You have to revisit your technique. 2 mins. Tops.
Yea, as long as you have Vaseline on your fingers, you should be able to put together a tab of natural die in seconds. But I could see how that stuff being so sticky could make it take a while. But definitely not 10 minutes.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score

Yes, tried it when it first came out. I found it to be inconsistent in viscosity to a point of tossing the rest (more than half full tubes). I like the harvest true prep kit- it allows me to paint the die as close to the various colors in the prep as possible, but it is also pricey.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Have you made any changes to the shading of the material?

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
If that was for me, no, I made no changes. I've been using the white product for years, and loved it, however the stump colored product seemed to break down and seperate inside the syringe. Maybe a bad batch??? but too expensive for me to take the chance any further.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
If that was for me, no, I made no changes. I've been using the white product for years, and loved it, however the stump colored product seemed to break down and seperate inside the syringe. Maybe a bad batch??? but too expensive for me to take the chance any further.
Sorry, meant that for Hankin. I had the same issue. All the liquid would come out leaving the material behind in the syringe. Colors were greenish and yellowish. No where close to the stump guides. That was when they were first introduced though.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Yea, as long as you have Vaseline on your fingers, you should be able to put together a tab of natural die in seconds. But I could see how that stuff being so sticky could make it take a while. But definitely not 10 minutes.

Skip the Vaseline, just lick your fingers.

Hankins Laboratory

Hankins Laboratory

Reaction score
Yes, we have improved the material and found refrigerating it solved the green/yellowish coloring issue. Also, when water comes out it is the sign of an old batch. We manufacture this ourselves, however, we do sell to supply houses and do not know how long they hold material before they sell it. We would be glad to send you a free shade of your choice so you can try it out again and see how much better it is today! When you order direct from us we guarantee our material and replace substandard tubes at no cost to you! You can reach us at 800-339-8321 to get that free tube. We apologize for your frustration but look forward earning your business in the future!

Hankins Laboratory

Hankins Laboratory

Reaction score
My message to NicelyMKV applies to you as well...
Yes, we have improved the material and found refrigerating it solved the green/yellowish coloring issue. Also, when water comes out it is the sign of an old batch. We manufacture this ourselves, however, we do sell to supply houses and do not know how long they hold material before they sell it. We would be glad to send you a free shade of your choice so you can try it out again and see how much better it is today! When you order direct from us we guarantee our material and replace substandard tubes at no cost to you! You can reach us at 800-339-8321 to get that free tube. We apologize for your frustration but look forward earning your business in the future!

Top Bottom